Charley

Charley was standing at the car, he hadn't said anything after seeing the shack, however that could have something to with the fact that as soon as they started to come up on the overgrown gravel she dashed out of the car yelling "a stay in the car!"

Then as if some joke from the universe, the porch gave out as soon as she stepped upon it causing her foot to drop down through the weak wood with a welp from her lips. She glared at the house for a split second cursing her life and then pulled her self up with a thumps up in the air and a "all good".

Now she was upstairs looking out her bedroom window at Charley having a slight panic attack.

Or More like a major panic attack.

What the hell was happening? Did she like what was happening?

Yes?

No. No. No.

She can't live with the sheriff! And his daughter!

The best part of this place was she was alone and didn't have to deal with other people's suffering

She was sure from other people's stan points it looked crazy, why would anyone give up living in a house with solid walls and floors for one that probably had an infestation of different animals.

Truth is she would give up anything for peace and quiet. For a clear mind where she could smile and it not feel more like a grimace.

For some peace of mind and the feeling of being able to breath, even if it was musty air, she didn't care where she lived, she just didn't want to be in constant agony.

She turned away from the window and looked around the room. She sighed and closed her eyes calming herself down

Well guess she no longer had a choice. She was moving into Charley's and Bella's home weather she liked it or not. She just needed to get over it.

Violet tried to rush when she began packing, you'd figure that since she was basically homeless she'd have little to pack but in fact it took a while to get it all, especially since she kept stopping and thinking about how much she was going to miss this place. Her little safe haven. She wasn't sure if she'd ever be as happy as she felt when she was here, siting on her Jeep looking up at the stars.

stop violet, no need to feel sorry for yourself, it seems like its all you do.

she shook her head and packed the last of her suit case and sighed, pulling it down the steps.

she opened the door she saw Charley had exited his car, she noticed the reviled look on his face as she exited.

He must have been worried, either he thought she was just refusing to leave or he thought the roof fell on top of her she didn't know. but she could tell that if she had been much longer he would have probably came in, good thing she hurried.

as she avoided the brand new hole in the porch and descended the stairs she gave Charley a forced smile to relive the tension in the air.

"All done Mr. Swan" She said, she watched as he grimaced

"Charley's good, I'm not a teacher" Violet didn't respond, instead just nodded her head. As she neared closer he stood from leaning on the car and walked around his car to open the trunk, she followed.

After she placed her trunk in the back she got in the passengers seat.

There was a long silence.

"this is... where you've been living?" His voice was, controlled as if he was trying not to offend her, she wasn't offended, but a little defensive

"It looks worse than it is, really its a fine place." And to her it was. In her eyes and when she saw it, it was a palace, a kingdom. It was a little rough around the edges, sure, but it was fine. It was great. To Charley it wasn't even a house, it was a condemned disaster.

However the man kept his mouth shut and smiled

The ride was quiet, and at one point Violet felt the slight pain she always felt around the man peek. she sucked in a breath as she felt it begin to siphon into her

It felt easy to read as soon as she felt it, the pain Charley felt was one Violet often got in high school

insecurity

It was clear to her that this was a constant throughout his life, and it surprised her that he seemed more insecure than most teens. if she wanted to know why shed have to touch him, something she didn't ever want to do.

Violet locked her jaw and looked out the window, hating that this was happening. Until she began to feel more

loneliness

abandonment

rejected

Violet found herself frown, and she turned her head to look at the side of the strangers face. those were emotions Violet knew all to well it made her silently wonder weather or not he always felt that way or if they were just deep rooted . her eyes flickered her his hands that were nervously rubbing the steering wheel, seemly getting her answer.

"Thanks by the way" she said, looking back out the window at the moment he turned to her. he looked back at the road.

"Its the least I could do, you saved my daughters life" Violet knew she couldn't muster a reply, slowly the darkness eating her up and sucking the life from her. so she settled with a nod, not knowing weather he saw it or not.

"Bella tells me you don't have many friends" if Violet wasn't feeling so depressed at the moment she would have laughed at his blunt comment. She was amused at the questioning exclusionary tone.

She thought about it. Did she? did she count as Alice as a friend? Or was she still just a partner?

Then she remembered yesterday. Lunch. Screaming.

"I have no friends" She said in a monotone voice, a frown still on her face.

"Well Bella has some friends maybe you could-"

"I don't want friends" she interrupted, ending Charley's idea. There was a long silence that followed she turned her head "Sorry" she apologized feeling guilty for snapping, he nodded

"Its fine" he reassured but she nodded her head

"No, I just... its better not to." she looked out the window "They wouldn't like me anyway" she excused

"Well you don't know until you try"

"I know where i'm not wanted" is all she replied

Anywhere.