Eyes

She stood observing at the side

The scene reminded her of an old painting she might have seen in one of the musemums she visited as a child. Aro sat in the center ontop of a large throne, at his sides sat Marcus to his left, Caius to his right. They sat stiff, unbreathing yet one couldnt help but marvel at their pure grace they moved with.  Seemingly perfecting the art of movement in a way no human had the time to do. 

Below them at the edge of the stairs stood their pets. 

Standing on the right stood the twins. Her on the left

All looking to the center of the room. Someone crying at Aros feet rather distastefully.

Violet tuned them out, blocking their pain and misery from her mind. In doing so she blocked any pity she held for them. Cold and distant as she stared at them with no emotion.

Her porcelain skin unchanged even in death. Her blond hair pinned in a way that pleased the old vampires that walked the halls. Her clothes decades old, but according to the Volturi, only humans wore modern rags. That is unless you were trying to bend in.

Although Violet didn't remember much about her old life, she did remember how she use to look. And she admits now her skin was nicer and her hair fuller. Her lips plump and the bags that use to live on her face rather stubbornly were now nowhere to be seen. Yet whenever she caught a glimpse of her reflection all she could focus on were her eyes. She couldn't quite put her finger on it but there was something about her red eyes that felt wrong. Like it was incorrect. She never could understand, as it was obviously right as all the vampires she knew had red eyes. But still, she could never quite shake it.

"Violet"

"Yes?" She asked instantly, her head turning to Aro where he sat smiling at her like she was a trophy on a display case.

Not that she didn't enjoy it, she'd never been looked at like that, wanted so badly.

"How are you adjusting to your new life here?" Violet raised her brow and smiled softly. Her eyes swiftly going to the center of the room to see the man that had been there now lying their unmoving and on fire. She shook off the unease, how easy it had been to not notice such a disturbance. Just as fast as it had taken to see the unknown man she forgot it and looked back at Aro, aware of all the eyes on her. 

"Well, it's an honor to be here," she said in a tone that Aro must have found pleasing, as he chuckled rather childishly after the words left her mouth.

Violet almost smirked as she caught Jane glaring at her from the corner of her eye.

"Good, good." Aro looked away from her and Violets eyes switched from him to the twins. Jane's eyes twitching as she tried to control her temper. 

Alec however was giving her a much different look, as he stared at her with a smirk. She just smiled at him, a playfulness in her eyes. The playful look was switched to teasing as she looked at his sister. Daring her to try something in front of them. Jane almost looked as though she was thinking about it until a gentle touch from her brother made the tiny blonde look away. 

Violet smiled smugly to herself and looked back to the door, which opened with perfect timing, another sniffling idiot entering. Violet had to resist the urge to roll her eyes. What a rather dull day she was ending up to having. 

***

Violet walked down the still unfamiliar halls, the old building much different from any of the buildings she could remember, thou she quite enjoyed it. The halls are much more interesting than the vampires around the building. So serious about everything. 

"How are you adjusting to life Violet?" she heard from behind her, she then remembered not every vampire here was as serious as she claimed. Knowing well it was Alec who joined her, teasing in his tone. She smirked and rolled her eyes.

"Oh shut up, you're just jealous, I'm the new toy" she said smugly, giving him the side-eye. Alec took a noticeable step closer to her. 

"No, my sister is jealous, I'm rather fond of your new position, or rather where it makes you stand all day, makes quite the compelling view" he said in a flirtatious way. Violets nose scrunched in distaste.  

"You disgust me" she muttered rolling her eyes once again. He slipped his hand over her shoulder, his hold rather strong. 

"You wish" he said with a wink. Violet scoffed and without a second needed pushed his arm off her shoulder. 

"I'm not interested in sleeping with you Alec" she said in a sing-song tone. No longer bothering to dance around her disinterest. Not bothered at all by her dismissal Alec continued his steps beside her.  

"Not yet perhaps, but you'll soon find when you have immortality you can never say never" he said knowingly. Violet just smiled a little as a memory came to her. Always welcoming familiarity when she could.

"Whatever you say Justin Bieber" she said. he just gave her a look of confusion 

"Who?" her smile dropped. She sighed longingly. 

"Seriously I can't take you grandpa's"