Finest

Life with the Volturi had so far been

Life with the Volturi had so far been...pleasant. She couldn't complain. Alec was only slightly annoying and mostly funny. Maria was amazing and Jane was nothing more than a light bully. The Volturi had been good to her, a nice room, polite conversation. 

so why were they doing this terrible terrible thing. 

"I don't want to go" she mumbled with a frown. Maria behind her lacing up her back. The short brunette rolling her eyes as she pulled the strings with all her might 

"Stop being such a baby, its just a Ball Violet" she mumbled,  only half listening to whatever the vampire was complaining  about 

"Just a Ball? is anything just anything with these people" Violet asked turning around to look down at the human. Maria huffed annoyed.

"No, but you'll do fine, don't you have Alec?" Violet scoffed rolling her eyes. 

"Wow, how reassuring" she muttered sarcastically 

"Turn your ass around" Violet sighed but obeyed her.

"your so rude" she muttered with a pout, Maria pulling harder on the corset.

"shut up"

***

Her hair done, flowers in her hair. Pearls hanging from her ears. A pastel pink dress adorning her body.

Her heels echoing as she walked down the hall. A small playful smirk on her face as she neared Alec who stood down at the end. A look of wonder as he looked at her.

"Alec" she smiled. He raised a brow, saying nothing as he held out an arm.

As soon as she looked at it her smile dimmed for a moment. The gesture familiar and sweet. Yet as she looked at Alecs arm she hesitated. Shaking her head she smiled fully again, lacing her arm through hers. Allowing him to lead her away.

As soon as they entered the luxurious ballroom her arm fell out of Alec's. Her eyes widening as she looked around the room with such detail.

"Wow" she muttered as she looked at the room. Alec raised a brow. Looking at her face of amazement with slight confusion.

"What?" He asked sincerely. She looked back down at him.

"Its beautiful" she muttered. He looked around the room. Taking in the grand scheme of things. The flowers and jewls and patterns outlined in gold.

"Oh, is it?" He asked as he observed the room, not finding anything astonishing. Violet shook it off. Now looking around the room at fellow vampires who wore similar attire as she was.

"Who are these people?" She asked Alec as she looked around. Alec shruged as he looked upon them.

"Subjects, vampires, Aro's friends" he said. Violet scoffed, looking at Alec with a raised brow.

"Aro has friends?" She asked with an skeptical voice. He smiled guilty.

"He has...an audience" she chuckled, his face as he looked around the room to make sure no one was listening making her laugh

"That sounds more fitting" she added in-between her giggling. Then noticing Alec's look on her. "What?" He smirked a little.

"nothing, its just your laugh." She narrowed her eyes yet her smile stayed the same.

"rude" she muttered

"no, its just so, nice...different, I don't hear laughs like yours often" he said rather fomaly. She rasied an amused brow

"I think your trying to compliment me but are doing the worst job at it" she said. He sighed, looked around the room then back at here.

"Want to dance?" Her eyes widened

"absolutely not" she said quickly. He smiled, lokking in her eyes.

"please" her brows raised.

"Look at that, have you been reading some dictionarys?" He didn't answer, still holding his hand out. She signed rolling her eyes. "Fine, but if I embarrass myself ill kill you"

"You can try"

***

Violet was smiling to her self as she slipped to the side. Not tired thanks to her undead status but unable to do this particular dance.

Alec chuckled as he danced with his fellow guards. She smiled as she watched him. Suddenly then feeling a presence behind her.

"Jane, what do you want?" She asked knowingly. She turned around to see the short blonde. Jane glared at the girl.

"My brother is dim witted and seems to enjoy you. Don't disappoint him" she said tightly. Violet raised a brow.

"You care for your brother, at the very least that is sweet. But I owe nothing to you or him. Im not interested in your brother that way." Jane narrowed her eyes.

"You owe us everything. I should have left you with Victoria" Violets smile slipped, a serious look taking hold.

"What? Who?" Jane smirked a little at the confusion on her face.

"whoops" she said smugly. Then turning and waking away.

"Wait Jane!" Suddenly Alec was infront of her, raising brow.

"What was that about?" He asked. Violet looked away from where Jane had just been to Alec. Narrowing her eyes.

"Who is Victoria?" She asked bluntly. She noticed his eyes widen slightly and his eyes quickly find Jane for a second before looking back into her eyes.

"I dont know?" He said quickly. Violet glared.

"Your a terrible lier" and with that she speed off, back to her own room.

****

Her eyes went over the letter for what seemed like the hundredth time now.

Dear Violet,

This is past you, hey..... If your reading this you probably have alot of questions. I'm sad to say I can only answer some. You have had a...difficult life. Full of hard times and few moments of sheer joy. And now, as we have came to this life of the undead, life has given us the opportunity to take those terrible times away. And therefore I will be doing so. I wish no more to be haunted by my own memories. I dont know how exactly I'll handle this, im sure your lost but I can't live like this a moment longer. Be careful, we have enemies. Be kind, we have a heart. Be smart, we have goals.

From, you