Distance

***

***

Seeing him sitting at a table with other students, several seats away from them eating his lunch while seemely scrolling through Facebook made her frown.

He looked miserable, lonely, bored.

She felt guilty as she remembered their last interaction and without really thinking she headed toward the table he sat at.

She bit her lip as she shuffled in her spot, looking down at him, the other students paying her no mind. He hadn't noticed her either, as he starred at his phone screen.

"Hey" she muttered quietly, almost whisper like. He looked up and his eyes widened upon seeing her talking to him.

"Hey me?" He asked confused. She felt bad but nodded her head.

"About my freakout-" he quickly interrupted her.

"Don't. I can see how I came on a little, strong" he said with an embarrassed look. She quickly tried to clear up it wasn't his fault.

"No. I, I just recently went through somthing and I'm not in the most hospitable mood these days...but I shouldn't have put that on you" after a moment he smiled. His phone quickly being put in his back pocket.

"So, you want to be friends now" he asked cheerfully. She smiled politely but shook her head.

"No" she said softly. His face dropped as he turned confused.

"No?" He asked. She bit her lip.

"I wanted to apologize, but I still, I prefer to be alone" she muttered. He narrowed his eyes.

"Bullshit" he said, seemely reading her. She sighed. Knowing it was true but the fact remained she didn't want to let another person in, to feel his pain constantly and know she couldn't help.

"Kaden, just let me be, I need distance okay" she said with sad eyes. He raised a brow.

"Distance? I can do distance" he nodded. She looked at him confused

"What?" He stood up, opening up his phone.

"Whats your number" he asked as he looked down at the device. Violet was utterly confused

"My number?" She asked. He smirked, giving her a look.

"Phone number" she looked at him for a beat.

"....419 - 383 - 4620" (I made this up please don't call it lol) he smiled

"Sit down" she shook her head

"Kade-"

"Im leaving. Sit down" Violet rasied a brow as he grabbed his things and walked off. Violet was confused but looked over to her normal table.

She walked around the table to her normal spot. Her back facing the wall. She watched as Kaden walked to the table infront of her, a few students sitting there and giving him a confused look as he took a seat in the center of the table, facing Violet.

She looked at him confused until she watched him send her a wink. And rasied his phone to his ear. A second later she felt her phone begin to vibrate.

Picking it up she saw an unknown number. She hit accept and held it to her ear.

"Hello?" She saw him smirk.

"Hi Violet" he said. She raised a brow. Understanding his plan, as ridiculous as it seemed

"Are you serious?" She asked.

"Extremely, you need space, I need a friend. I believe this is what they call a compromise" she paused a moment, a smile began to grow, but she kept in undercontrol.

"You are super werid" she said shaking her head. Kaden smiled happily

"Is that a smile I see?" She scoffed

"Im not smiling" he shugged

"No, but it's as close as you get" he said teasing. It was then Violet was reminded ofJasper. They way he did the same thing at school, and she had said something similar to him. Noting her change of mood Kaden spoke up "Did I say something?" She shook her head.

"No. Im...fine"

"Okay." He said unconvinced. But she gave him a small smile.

"Okay" she said. He suddenly smiled. The lunch bell rings.

"See you in class bestie" he said into the phone. She sighed reluctantly.

"See you in class"