New Moon.

She stood a foot away from the man as he looked back to her

She stood a foot away from the man as he looked back to her. His heartache spilling on her, but she had began to grow accustomed to his. As if each persons misery was special type of torture. But the longer she was exposed to it the more dull the pain felt. Violet smiled at Charlie as he raised a brow.

"Ready?" He asked

"Shes gonna be pissed" she said and he sighed. Looking down at the gifts in their hands. He knew Bella wouldn't be to excited seeing as she had made it very clear to the two she didn't want to celebrate her birthday. But he knew as they were the brunettes family it was their job to ignore boundaries and do it anyways.

"Yep" he agreed with a nod. She smirked and gave him a shrug. Deciding to rip the bandaid off.

"Let's go" she said, grabbing the handle and opening the door. Violet entered, then Charlie carrying two gifts, one wrapped, one not. Violet had one hand behind her back, the other was in front doing some form of jazz hands.

"Happy birthday, Bells." Charlie said in a calm yet warm manner. Violet however spoke louder, deciding to really milk this since she wouldn't get to later, since she was supposed to go incognito at school.

"Happy Birthday!" Bella who was already sitting up gave the two a deadpanned look.

"Dad, Violet, we agreed, no gifts." Violet gave Charlie a 'I told you so"look. He sighed, as Violet had indeed told him. Yet he insisted they do so anyways. Violets plan had been to wait a couple days, then give Bella a "gift" that had "nothing" to do with her birthday. It was perfect.

"At least mine's not wrapped."

"Mine either, just hidden behind my back" Violet said, before pulling it from behind her. Bella laughed, rolling her eyes as she saw the thing Violet was holding.

"Really?" Violet laughed handing Bella the small framed photo of the two, the photo was the two of them in the bathroom. They had been chatting it up in there with the door open when Charlie entered and took a surprise photo. Bella's eyes were closed as she flinched from the bright light and Violet had jumped and was in the middle of screaming in the photo. It was an awful photo. But Violet loved it. And secretly so did Bella, even though she always complained about it.