Abducted

Dear Violet, 

Dear Violet, 

Edward knew what to say to Bella, he hoped she would hate him for what he said, I knew that you would have saw through me, saw the lies I would have to speak, and I knew that the only real way to make you hate me was not to say anything at all. Which is harder than lies. But perhaps if you hate me, you will be able to move on, unlike me. Not from Violet Andrews.

Love, cowboy.

Violet bit her lip as she read over the words. A frown on her face.  She read over the words a few more times.  And she sighed as she realized she finally got that explanation she had wanted.

Why he never said goodbye.

In her mind, she always assumed the worst.

He didn't think to.

Violets worse thoughts came to mind as she remembered how she felt during the many months of silence, the idea that the reason the Vampire never said goodbye was simply because he didn't remember to, because why would he, she was just that years funny little insignificant human. A thing he only entertained because he was an immortal being with time to pass. And when he left he quickly forgot the human that he didn't care about, and had no reason to see her one last time.

Now, knowing that wasn't why was, comforting.

Jasper had simply left without words. At least Bella had the words of Edward, a break up with closure. She had only silence, a disappearing act. A voice-mail as a companion.

Now she knew why. Now, she understood. And to be honest he was right. She would have saw through him. She knew his eyes too well. His tiny hints that said what he was feeling. And she knew that he knew her. And of course, he knew how to make her hate him. His only mistake was coming back.

**

The eerie silence contrasts with serrine nature . It's a large field surrounded by dense forest. The mist is heavy; it's overcast, grey. Suddenly, the quiet is broke by Emmett being flung through the air lands hard on his back, but immediately springs up to face Jasper, the person who threw him.

"Again." Carlisle, Esme, Alice, and Rosalie who watch them spar. The Volvo skids to a halt next to Jasper's Jeep. Edward and Bella climb out, head into the field together. Halfway across, Edward stops. Violet was already there leaning aginst her Jeep.

Not sure why she was really here. 

"They're here." Edward said, and from out of the mist skulk Seight giant wolfs, as wary and on-edge as the Cullens are. Emmett recognizes Paul-wolf; their eyes meet, both itching for a rematch.

Violet rolled her eyes

"toxic masculinity" she whispered to herself, yet due to multiple eyes on her she guessed they heard her anyways. 

"They don't trust us enough to be in their human forms."

"They came. That's what matters."Bella sees the red-brown wolf as it turns toward her.