27:Billie its not you...

Its been 2 weeks already and Billie and I have been hanging out a lot. Like a lot a lot.

My mom has been really wanting to know Billie since she doesn't really know her yet.

Im in the car with Billie right now. We are in the parking lot of the movie theater. We just watched Lion King when I got a text from my mom.

Messages

Mommy🤰🏻💙:Mimi is coming home tomorrow. We are gonna have a party with a bunch of relatives. You should invite that Billie girl. Your dad and I want to meet her

I looked up from my phone when i hear Billie's voice.

Billie:Who you texting with mamas?

Jennifer:My mom. She just told me about the welcome back party they are having for my grandma tomorrow. She wants you to come over but i'll tell her your busy.

Billie laughed.

Billie:All my friends are in California and since you're gonna be busy I'll probably just watch the office.

Jennifer:Well I'll still just tell her that you're busy so you don't have to come

Billie sighed.

Billie:Jennifer. Why don't you want me to meet your parents?

Jennifer:Billie can we please not do this?

Billie:Im not trying to make a big deal out of it but your mom has told you she wanted to meet me 5 times already. You also came up with an excuse 5 times for me to not go.

Jennifer:Billie its not you.

Billie:I get the whole thing with being in the closet with your family but you don't even want me to meet them as a friend? You already know my whole family.

I sighed and turned around in my seat so i was completely facing her. I grabbed her hands and intertwined our fingers together.

Jennifer:Its just that my mom is very strict. Shes kind of close minded and she is very religious. She doesn't like people cussing or anything like that.

Billie:Aight then I wont cuss and I'll tell her im christian.

I laughed.

Jennifer:Billie you're not christian and cussing is a part of who you are. I don't want you to change or pretend to be someone else for anyone especially not my mom.

Billie:I can't promise that you'll parents will like me but I can promise I'll try my best and I'll be on my best behavior.

I sighed with a smile.

Jennifer:I love you boo bear.

Billie smiled and kissed both of my hands.

Billie: I love you more angel. Come here.

Billie backed up the seat on the car and i sat on her lap. I wrapped my arms around her neck as she wrapped hers around my waist.

I put my face in the crook of Billie's neck and placed a gentle kiss. I smiled when i felt Billie's fragrance slip into my nose. She smells so good all the time.

I pulled away from her and put my hands up to her cheeks. I kissed her forehead,she giggled and started to speak in that little voice she does.

Billie:Mama is being soft.

Jennifer:Shut up.

I laughed and went back to the passengers seat. Billie began to drive and I texted my mom back

Messages

Alright she isn't busy. Shes coming.