30:100 percent

Billie:A 100 percent sure. Don't worry baby your parents are going to love me.

Jennifer:Ok just a heads up, my mom is probably going to ask you a lot of questions.

Billie:I've gotten good with interviews dont worry

I smiled and walked with her over to my mom and dad who just finished talking to two of my aunts.

Jennifer:Mom, dad, this is Billie. The friend I've been hanging out with.

Billie:Nice to meet you.

Mom:Same here.

My mom hugged Billie and Billie hugged her back. My dad shook Billie's hand with a smile.

Dad:Sit down sit down.

We sat down on a couch that is near the pool right next to the jacuzzi.

Mom:So Billie, Jennifer tells me that you are an artist.

Billie:Yeah. Im a singer.

Mom:Really? What type of music do you sing?

Billie:Everything basically. Its difficult to be put in a box.

My mom nodded in understanding and my dad began to talk.

Dad:So Billie, how were you raised?

Billie:Well I was home schooled, I was raised by actor parents in Highland park California. I grew up with a brother, Finneas, who writes all my music with me. We were raised in a very musical and artistic family so we have been singing since we were little. My childhood was pretty much happy.

Dad:We are glad to hear that.

My dad smiled and before they could ask farther questions my grandma walked up to us.

[The next part of this will be written in english but they are speaking in spanish so Billie cant understand]

Grandma:So my favorite grandchild isn't going to say hi to me?

I smiled and got up to hug my grandmother.

Jennifer:Grandma! I missed you.

My grandma patted my back as she smiled.

Grandma:Missed you more and who is this?

My grandma said smiling over my shoulder. I saw Billie looking confused as fuck and I laughed. I just now realized how white Billie is. I grabbed my grandmas hands and smiled as i looked from Billie to my grandma.

Jennifer:This is Billie, my friend.

I turned to Billie and began to catch her up.

Jennifer:Billie this is my grandmother Rina but we all just call her mimi.

Billie stood up and my grandma moved towards her to hug her.

[Spanish]

Grandma:Nice to meet you.

Jennifer:She said that its nice to meet you.

Billie:Nice to meet you too.

They finally hugged.

[Spanish]

Jennifer:She said its nice to meet you too.

Grandma:Ahh.

My grandma smiled and grabbed Billie's hands. After a while we all got to eating. Right after eating my uncle thought it would be a good idea to start dancing and he got a bunch of people to join.

My uncle pulled Billie to the dance floor gently and began to dance bachata with her. I watched and laughed. I recorded it and Billie looked at the camera and mouthed "help me"

I laughed even more and finally my uncle brought her back to where I was at in the table. She sat down out of breath from attempting to dance bachata.

Uncle Jorge:I didn't think she would be this much of a gringa but she got potential.

I laughed and nodded at him as he began to dance with my aunt. I walked Billie over to the lounge chairs by the pool.

Billie:This is...

Authors note: i usually post at like 12 am so this is a little late since its 1 pm but 🤷🏻‍♀️