33:This you

I was frozen in place.

I didn't know what to do and I couldn't move. I just stayed there staring at my mom's phone screen as the video played over and over.

You could see me on Billie's lap with my arms around her neck as her hands were rested on my thighs.

Mom:Sit down.

My body moved on its own as i sat down across from my parents on the couch.

Mom:Explain what is happening in this video.

I tried to come up with something to say quickly but came up with nothing. My mom took a deep breath and began to talk once again.

Mom:Jennifer are you gay?

I looked at her blankly for a while and then nodded my head.

Mom: Are you kidding me?!

I stayed quiet and just looked down since i could tell she was about to get even angrier.

Mom:Where did we go wrong? You cant be gay thats against our religious beliefs. I don't support that. I didn't raise a sinner!

That sparked something in me.

Jennifer:Against OUR religious beliefs or YOUR religious beliefs because you shoved that shit down my throat.

Mom:Jennifer! How could you say that? I don't even recognize you anymore. I don't know this you.

Jennifer:"This you"?! This is the real me you just never payed attention enough to notice it! You always saw what you WANTED to see. Not what was there.

Mom:You know what? Thats it! I dont like this Billie girl shes a bad influence on you. I refuse to believe this is who you actually are.

I laughed but it was a bitter laugh because i was pissed.

Jennifer:You refuse to believe im gay? That i like girls and one girl in specific. You got to be kidding me.

Mom:Im not kidding you. Don't ever see that girl again. You know what?! Give me your phone.

Jennifer:What? No!

Before i could do anything she snatched my phone out of my hands.

Mom:As long as you are a minor and are living under MY roof you will do as i say. That means... no more talking to billie, no more hanging out with her or being around her at all.

Jennifer:Thats not fair!!You cant do that!

Mom:Im your parent i can do whatever i want.

Jennifer:I really fucking hate you for this.

I walked to my room and slammed my door. I heard my mom yelling at me some more and i just broke down crying. All i want right now is to be with billie, to hug her and kiss her but thats the one thing i cant do.

I sat in my room and cried like a little bitch, feeling incompetent for not being able to do anything about this situation.

Authors note:So im leaving cancun today,going back to florida so i'll be able to write more so yeah.