2. The Beginning (Restored Chapter. 26-04-20)

Hi!😊 🖑

I uploaded Chapter 2 around late March this year. On Friday, my wattpad glitched and froze. I had to restart my phone. When I opened wattpad again, my Chapter 21 had completely wiped away Chapter 2. On top of that, Chapter 21 replaced Chapter 2. I was extremely angry but thank God for backups.  I had to restore it. This is the restored version of Chapter 2. Restored  26-04-20 at 14:01 pm,  Central African Time (C.A.T).         

•••

C H A P T E R
T W O

Her talk with Mr Greyson yesterday had not gone as well as she had hoped it would. Julian Greyson was the epitome of an asshole.

He was still the same rude, entitled and arrogant man he had always been. Lin often worried about little Charlie. How did it feel to be raised by a man as cold and detached as Julian Greyson?

She didn't have time to ponder over Mr Greyson. Tonight was a special evening. She was finally seeing her boyfriend after a long two months. The well reputed Egyptologist that was her boyfriend had been travelling all over Europe, giving lectures.

She was excited to see him that evening. Many people had been hinting that he would finally pop the  question.

Lin was utterly in love with Lance, marrying him would be the best thing that ever happened to her. She couldn't wait to travel with him, bare his children and build a home with him. It was all part of her life plan.

She hummed a sweet tune as she showered. After her much needed shower, she chose a beautiful long sleeved white dress. It stopped right above her knees. It was tight fitting at the top with a black strip between the valley of her breasts and it flared from the waist down. She chose a pair of black open toe heels to go with her dress.

When she arrived at Holiday Inn, she gulped. On the other side of the door was a different, happier future. She was finally going to spend the rest of her life with Lance! She glanced at her appearance in the window to make sure that every single hair on her head was in place. Satisfied that her glasses were perched on the bridge of her nose, she walked into Holiday Inn.

The restaurant was alive with chatter and laughter. Different aromas welcomed her as she walked past various tables that were seating families and couples. She searched the whole perimeter, anxious to find Lance.

She just about squealed when she spotted her dashing, dark skinned Prince flashing her a debonair smile. She had to curb the urge to run and fling herself into his strong arms. The spot he had chosen was exactly where she had imagined Lance was going to propose. Everything was perfect.

Their table was at the far corner of the restaurant. It was private and romantic what with with it's proximity to the open balcony doors that displayed the starlit night sky and overlooked the busy city streets.

She noticed that something was amiss when Lance went to get another chair. "Lance?" She questioned when he placed a chair for her across two other chairs.

"I'm glad you could make it." Lance sounded nervous and his hands were slightly shaking. Lin thought it was sweet that he was nervous about proposing, it made her heart melt.