14. The Africans Weep

C H A P T E R
F O U R T E E N

"That was some nasty slap yesterday." Henry chuckled as he walked into the kitchen on the slightly wet Wednesday morning.

"Ah, I forgot you still hover around." Lin rolled her eyes before handing him a mug of coffee.

"Like I said, I was hired to protect you and the little Master." Henry shrugged his shoulders before taking a seat. Lin merely nodded before running around in the kitchen preparing a hearty meal of fried eggs, sausages and toast. All the while she cooked, Henry watched her closely.

"Wanna talk about it?" He asked gently.

"I'm assuming you heard?" Lin asked her cheeks warming up in embarrassment.

"Each and every word." Henry clarified  before sipping his coffee.

"I don't know Hen. He just pisses me off. He's the most rude and frustrating person I know." She grumbled whilst fishing for three plates in her cupboard.

"So you like him?" Henry asked, staring at her expectantly.

Lin swivelled around and blushed furiously. "W-what no." She mumbled.

"Are you two really that thick?" Henry sounded exasperated.

"What do you mean?" Lin asked.

"You two like each other and there's definitely tonnes of sexual frustration between you two. Try and make it discreet at least." Henry guffawed.

Lin glowered at him. "Are you here to mock me or give me advice?"

"I'm here to tell you the truth you're running away from."

Lin crossed her arms. "Even if we do like each other, I could never go out with likes of him."

"Enlighten me."

"Well he's rude, self centred, annoying, aloof, secretive and frustrating....then he can be sweet, gentle, vulnerable, protective and he has this dimple on his left cheek that I just----" Lin stopped talking and gasped. Henry was looking at her with a smirk plastered on his face.

"You just answered yourself." He chuckled. "Look Lin, it's clear that both of you care about each other. I've worked for Julian for many years, he's a difficult person who needs someone to pick him up when he falls. Trust me, that one needs patience. Just give him some time." Henry advised.

Just then Charlie walked into the kitchen, smartly dressed in his Whitestone uniform. A red blazer, a grey shirt, a red and grey striped tie, charcoal grey shorts, charcoal knee length socks and black school shoes.