13. The Uncertainty

C H A P T E R
T H I R T E E N

Kennedy didn't know why she was going. She didn't know why she had agreed to meet Marco Carrington. He had hurt her--multiple times, yet here she was pulling on a pair of tight jeans, a Dolce & Gabbana blouse, a jacket and a pair of heeled ankle boots.

"Where are you off to this early, Madam?" Victor asked, knitting his eyebrows.

"I have some errands I need to run." Kennedy replied, her face expressionless.

Victor sighed. "You forget that I know you."

Kennedy didn't reply, she opened the door, briefly inviting the moaning, harsh wind into the Manor. She slipped into her car then drove out of the gates, slightly excited and nervous to see Marco.

The drive to Bulawayo Centre was 30 minutes long. She parked the car and jumped onto the escalator, nervously playing with her fingers. She found the shop he had asked her to meet him in; a discreet, sickeningly pink themed gift shop.

Kennedy entered the gift shop, her eyes scanning the small shop. There seemed to be no customers inside which was not shocking at all. She nearly screamed when a hand tapped her shoulder. She whirled around, her hair flipping as well. She looked up at Marco and smiled before launching herself into his arms.

"I didn't think you were going to come." Marco sounded miserable.

"Marco, I love you, there's nothing I wouldn't do for you." Kennedy assured him whilst unlatching herself from his grasp.

"We have so much to talk about." Marco clarified, motioning for her to take a seat.

"Why are we talking here?" Kennedy asked, looking around the gift shop in discomfort.

"We can't meet anywhere else, the paparazzi will follow us and expose us. I chose this place because my grandmother runs it. No one will look for us here." Marco said as he chuckled at her mortified expression.

"No doubt about that." Kennedy frowned as her eyes scanned the horrifically pink, frilly and cat themed gift shop.

Marco gently placed his hand on her chin then looked into her eyes. "I miss you, my love."

Kennedy turned away from him. "Please don't hurt me again." She whispered. His touch was too much for her to handle.

"Valerie found out about us." Marco told her, worry etching his handsome face.

"I know, she came to the Manor and assaulted me." Kennedy shrugged her shoulders.

Marco fisted his hand in anger. "I'm sorry. I had no idea she would do something like that."

"She's been my best friend for the longest time, I understand why she did that. We hurt her. You're to marry her soon." Kennedy sighed.

"And she's pregnant." Marco added.

"WHAT?" Kennedy exclaimed.

"She told me this morning, there's nothing I can do. If I leave her, my campaign goes to shit." He explained with a pained expression.