30. The Kingdom of Eswatini.

C H A P T E R
  T H I R T Y   

Their plane to The Kingdom of Eswatini  was scheduled to leave at 7pm. It was around 4pm as Julian drove on Whitestone Way road. He was supposed to pick Charles up 3 hours ago, but he was struggling to find the courage to apologise to Lin and ask her to come with the team to Eswatini.

Julian knew that he needed Lin's help but he was still hesitant about approaching her. What was he to say to her after he had been a complete ass to her on Sunday?

Was an apology enough to placate a woman who had done a lot for him? Julian groaned as the Whitestone school gates came into view.

He was actually nervous  about talking to her. His nervousness irked his soul. He was the Julian Greyson for crying out loud! He dodged death for a living and that seldom made him nervous. So how was a woman who wouldn't hurt a fly making him nervous?

Julian sighed as Lindiwe Simo wreaked havoc in his brain. He drove through the open school gates, nodding at the security guards. The deserted playgrounds and the pick-up zone/ parking lot confirmed his tardy. There was only one car left in the parking lot. It was Lindiwe Simo's beloved red Volkswagen.

Great, now I really have no choice but to face her, Julian thought wearily. He sighed as he parked his car in front of the Whitestone school hall. His eyes roamed the expansive tar parking lot briefly until they landed on Charles.

Charles was seated on a bench, elbows resting on his laps whilst he propped his chin up in his hands. His legs dangled in the air and swung lazily. The moment Charles spotted his father, he was up on his small feet, grabbing his school bags. He marched over to the car, a small frown marring his face. "You're late Father." The boy pointed out in annoyance.

"I know. I'm sorry." Julian let out a sigh. "Work ran on later than I expected it would."

"Okay." Charles nodded in understanding.

Julian watched as his son stuffed his school bags in the car before shuffling inside himself. Charles sank into the seat and let out a huff. "I miss, Miss Simo." He announced after a brief moment of silence.

Julian turned to look at his son, his brows arched in surprise. "You do?"

"Yes." Charles nodded, longing filled in his eyes.

"That's good to hear because I miss her as well." Julian confessed.

There was more silence until Charles spoke. "I forgive her. M-miss Simo said that forgiveness sets you free." Charles said hesitantly, his gaze briefly flickering to his silent father before it returned to his small hands.

"Miss Simo is right. Forgiveness does set you free. I just hope she'll forgive me." Julian expressed hopefully.

Charles frowned.  "Were you mean to her?" Charles folded his arms and glared at his father.

"I'm afraid so." Julian confessed. "I want to go in and see her now."

"Why were you mean to he-" Charles stopped talking when he spotted Lin making her way to her car. "You don't have to go inside. She's over there!" Charles exclaimed, his eyes dancing with excitement.

Julian's breath hitched in his throat. True to Charles' words, Lin had just come out of the school buidling, carrying her handbag in one hand and swinging her car keys in the other. She seemed to be muttering to herself as she headed to her Volkswagen, completely oblivious to the prying eyes of Julian Greyson and his son.