15. The Leap

C H A P T E R
F I F T E E N

Shelly gently closed the riveting pages of Jane Eyre when she heard a loud knock on her door. Slightly annoyed about being interrupted, she put on her thin, pale red gown and matching slippers. She looked through the peep hole to find James Altieri standing outside her door, his expression unfathomable.

Confused as to why he was at her door, she hesitantly opened it. "What are you doing here?" She feigned annoyance. Her heart was singing a different tune though, it was giddy and excited about his sudden presence.

"I'm pulling you out of Greyson's mad hunt." James said coolly before stepping into Shelly's small, yet well furnished and stylish apartment. It was a cosy apartment decorated by fairy lights and colourful paintings of odd objects such as that of an upside down vase.

Shelly scoffed before sending him a harsh glare. "Sorry Altieri, I don't answer to you." She started to turn away from him only to have him grab her wrist and twirl her into his strong arms.

"Well you do now Shelly. I'm not kidding on this, Greyson has gone bloody mad." James said firmly.

Shelly was now used to James' theatrics so she rolled her eyes indifferently. "Let go of me and go home. I don't even understand why you're ---"

James didn't let her finish her sentence for his lips were on hers, fiery hot and demanding. She moaned into his mouth as he nibbled and lapped at her tongue before devouring her lips once more. Like Julian, James was a giant, easily dominating Shelly's small frame.

They stopped kissing for a brief moment, breathing heavily as they gazed into each other's hooded eyes. "Promise me you'll stop working with Greyson, Shelly?"

"Well...."

"Shelly," James bit out a warning.

Shelly squirmed in his tight embrace before nodding vigorously. She was slightly afraid of the fire in his eyes. A fire that awaited her challenge and defiance.

When she didn't reply, James started tugging off her gown. Much to her surprise, Shelly didn't fight him. She knew that she wanted whatever James was about to do to her. The gown fell to the carpeted floor, pooling around her now bare feet. He groaned when he realised that she was wearing a see-through night dress without any underwear on. She was as good as naked.

"Shelly," He whispered alluringly before trailing wet kisses on her neck and down her collar bone.

"J-James." She stuttered whilst moaning in the process.

"Will you stop working with Greyson until he comes to his senses?" James asked as he hooked his pointer finger on the thin strap of her night dress.

Shelly stared at his long finger and gulped. He growled when she failed to reply. Soon he had undressed her fully. She now stood before him, naked, sensuous and incredibly vulnerable.

He pressed his clothed body against hers then tilted her chin upwards. His hungry eyes bored into her tempting, expressive brown eyes. "Say you agree with me, Cara." He whispered.

Shelly bit her lip before nodding in compliance. James groaned before taking her mouth for another hot kiss. "Bedroom?" He grumbled impatiently.