•back•

A year later

We spent the last year driving around in his car. We've been every where and now it's time to go home.

I've missed so much I can't keep up. My mom died, and I didn't go to her funereal. Jamal got engaged to this mysterious girl I don't know.

Jes turned 16 and Shank, well I don't know. Amber wakes up and looks over at me "We're back" I tell her and she gives me a small smile.

I pull up at our old apartment that we used to live in before Shank. After a few hours of talking to the land lord we finally get our place back.

We settle in and start ordering furniture online. "By the end of this week I'm going to get a job" I tell Amber.

"You going to go back to stripping?" She asks and I shake my head.

"I'm going to college, getting my degree and then get a full time job"

"Are you sure this isn't too much?" She asks me.

"The world moves on we either keep up or get dragged" I tell her, she nods.

We go out and buy lost of blankets so we can sleep in them since our bed isn't here yet.

I wake up and Ambers not here. I remember that I have an interview and go get ready. I brush my hair into a high ponytail and do my edges.

I keep my makeup natural only doing my eyebrows. I put on a black blazer over my white shirt and leave. The Car isn't out font which mean Amber took it.

I call a cab and arrive at the restaurant, I walk in and ask for the manager. "Hello I'm Cassidy Brown" I shake his hand.

"Ms. Brown" he say triggering me a little "nice to meet you" he walks up to his office and I follow him.

I keep my head up as he offers me a seat, I give him my CV and he examines me "Do you know anything about wine?" He asks.

"No sir" I say.

"Have you ever severed?"

"No sir, but I'm a quick learner and I'll adapt really fast. I just need a little guidance" I tell him.

He asks me plenty more questions and I answer with confidence and maturity. I really want this job, this restaurant is well know for its good service.

I want to learn for this experience, even if I don't have any myself. After the interview I go to the nearest mall and then get a phone call "Hello?"

"Hey" Jamal says through the phone.

"Hey, how are you?" I ask.

"Where are you?"

"I'm at the mall"

"Go to Sports Direct, I'll be there in ten minutes" he says then hangs up. I find my way around and get a little lost because it's been a long time.

I finally find Sports Direct and go in, I look around a little and then go to the entrance. I spot Jamal and make my way to him.

He sees me and gives me a tight hug, I hug him back not realizing I missed him so much. He pulls away and gives me sad eyes.

"What's wrong?" I ask trying to read his face.

"I'm sorry" he apologizes and someone form behind injects me with something, everything goes blurry and then I see nothing.

I wake up in a cold room that looks all to familiar, I wince in pain and try rub my neck. I realize my hands are tied when I can't reach. I look around and then Jamal comes in.

He closes the door behind him but stays at a far distance. "Why am I here?" I ask him.

"When you left Angie came to me, she filled me up on what I've been missing. How come you didn't tell me?" He asks.

"I'm not gonna say I was protecting you, I just didn't want you involved" I tell him. "I know how you payed moms medical bills, how long did you want to keep me in the dark Cassidy?"

"As long as you were alive and not in danger" I tell him "why am I here?"

"Angie wants to talk to you" he goes behind me and cuts me loose. I massage my wrists and follow him out.

"Does Jes know about this?" I press and his silence is enough of an answer for me "How long you gonna keep her in the dark?"

We take a left into a beat down office, everything is black form ashes. Angie sits in a chair behind a desk top "Cassidy" she smiles.

"We meet again" I say.

She stares at me for a while "You look good" she says.

"For the last time, why am I here?" I ask.

"I need answers and now that your back I can get them"

"What makes you think I'll help you?" I ask and I watch her smile twitch.

"I just need some information on Shank, that's all"

"I don't know anything" I tell her.

"Everyone out" She demands and people leave.