Chapter 33

"Master." He bowed.

"Marcus, it is almost time. I can feel it."

"Master I-I have failed you."

"Oh, how so?"

"One of the prisoners escaped."

"Which one, how did this happen?!"

"The researcher, Master. The woman, she attacked me and managed to let him out. I tried to follow him, but by time I came too he had already escaped through one of the trapdoors."

"You Imbecile!" He roared and Mr. Warwick trembled. "She was right, I should never have trusted a human, let alone a eunuch to get the job done. Now they'll know where we are."

"Master, please I beg you. Give me one more chance."

"One more chance." He spat. "What about the others?"

"That potion was very effective, they have no clue. We have 9 so far, however their abilities are dormant"

"You may live another day. The Summer Solstice is approaching, you better be ready. She will be waiting for you."

"Master, who is she?"

"She will find you." With that the metal ring dissolved the static and it was hollow once again.

Mr. Warwick walked towards the archway he held his prisoners, he stopped in front of his latest victims. They were just sitting there, eyes wide open with a blank stare. "Stand." He commanded.

They all stood up, even those in other cells obeyed his request. He smiled to himself, pleased. He had one more chance to show to his master that he could be trusted. He wasn't about to let him down. He walked further down the archway and stopped in front of the woman, who almost cost him his life. She was standing by the entrance, watching as Mr. Warwick controlled the prisoners with the potion she gave him, there were prisoners of all ages, some looked to be the same age as Frankie and there were a few she recognised; one of them she recognised to be Dixie Smith, she was a regular customer and a dear friend and she crumbled to her knees with remorse.

Mr. Warwick opened the invisible barrier, he stepped in and she scooted back towards her husband fearfully, who was huddled in the corner, using her body to protect his.

"Your plan won't work. He will break free, then you'll be sorry." He threatened.

Mr. Warwick, grabbed her by a fistful of hair and dragged her body, flinging her small frame across the cell. He walked closer to the husband and began kicking him, releasing all his pent up frustration.

"This. Should. Teach. You. A. Lesson." he said punctuating each word with a kick.

"No, stop!" She cried and begged, she crawled towards her husband, trying to protect him from the pain, but Mr. Warwick just pushed her down and she looked up at him horrified.

"I told you before if you did something to anger me, I would kill you both. Looks as if he's already there." Mr. Warwick spun on his heel and exited the cell, closing the barrier after him.

"Sit and be quiet" He barked and all the prisoners, fell to the floor silently.