Chapter 36

Lucas reappeared in the middle of the dance floor at the Summer Solstice Ball. It was still in full swing and small bonfires were lit around the four edges. He needed to find Grandma Claire and Frankie's friends, she was in danger and this is what they were preparing for.

He spotted Grandma Claire sitting at the table with Arnold, Ruth, Amanda and he noticed Celeste and Rose walking back from the drinks table with some punch in hand. He walked towards them in a hurry and stopped in front of them.

"Claire!" He shouted, interrupting her conversation.

"Lucas! You made it. I almost gave up on you, where is Frankie?" She asked.

"That's why I'm here. She's in danger!" Grandma Claire's eyes widened.

"What happened?" She asked, seriously giving him her full attention and the others began listening too.

"She went to find me - my body. She thought she was reuniting my soul with my body, but she awakened something much worse... Ezstra he's alive and he's in my body."

The whole table gasped and they all looked at each other worriedly. Grandma Claire stood up, like the matriach she was and she started barking out orders.

"Right, where is she? It's started now, whether we want it to or not. We have to stop him!"

"We're coming!" Rose and Celeste both said.

They all stood up from their table and marched across the field. Priya was standing next to the drinks table and she overheard everything, she decided to follow behind them.

"Has anyone seen my brother?" Celeste asked as they neared the Emporium. They all shook their heads no and she began to feel uneasy. As they stood in front of the Emporium, they all noticed that there was a light coming from the upstairs window.

"Since when did you have an upstairs?" Rose asked.

"Since Edeline hid me inside." Lucas replied. Grandma Claire ran inside the Emporium with Lucas in tow, the door was still left open, she went to the back and saw a door leading upstairs and she went up. She took in her surroundings for the first time, the whole apartment was an ode to the 19th century. She walked towards the door that was open and noticed Frankie still on the floor, she ran towards her and quickly did a once over - checking to see she was still breathing and whether she had a pulse. Satisfied there wasn't any further damage she couldn't see, she placed her hands over Frankie and swept over her body from head to tail, when she finished Frankie's eyes flickered open.

"Grandma Claire, what are you doing here?" She asked. Grandma Claire helped Frankie sit up right.

"Lucas came to find us, said you had been hurt." Grandma Claire replied. All of a sudden, Frankie remembered what had happened.

"Ezstra! He escaped, he's using Lucas's body. We have to stop him!" She scrambled.

"Do you know where he is going?"

"No" She said, wracking her brain for any ideas. "The Leylines" Lucas said "We have to go to the leylines." Frankie tried to stand up, a bit wobbly on her feet.

"But first we need supplies." She walked past Grandma Claire and Lucas before heading down the stairs, Grandma Claire watched stunned and quickly followed behind her. They entered the Emporium and Frankie walked to the counter, where Grandma CLaire hid her most powerful potions, she picked up as many as she could carry and instructed Grandma Claire to do the same. Loaded with tiny vials they walked out the shop to the rest of the group.

"Frankie you're okay" Rose spoke.

"We need to go to the leylines." She offered them all some of the vials she carried and Grandma Claire did the same.