26 - Protect

"Eri-chan could you pass the pony?"

"...s-sure."

You and Eri were playing in her room, but everything was...different. The atmosphere was different. The mood was different. The feeling was different. Instead of that majestic smile she had on a few days ago, she had a sorrowful look on her face.

It started yesterday, when Overhaul and Chronostasis came to get Eri. You didn't know why, but they took her for about 3 hours. She came back with a lot more bandages then before, and visible tear stains on her face. She broke down once again right when Overhaul and Chronostasis were gone.

You wanted to help her be as happy as possible in this hell hole. You sighed, and wrapped your arms around Eri, then placed her on your lap.

"Eri-chan...I-

Your voice was cut off with the swift opening of a door. You both looked over and saw Overhaul with Chronostasis and Mimic. Eri started to tense up in your arms.

"Y/n, follow us." Overhaul said, motioning out the door. You nodded and picked Eri up, then followed the three out the door. You all walked in silence, until a loud bang came up. There were muffled screams and thumps echoing throughout the long hallway following the large noise. Eri clenched the fabric of your hoodie.

"What's happening, Overhaul-san?" You asked.

"You don't have the fucking authority to order people aro-

"Shut up, Mimic." Chronostasis glared at Mimic.

"Heroes and police broken into the place. We're heading to our second hideout." Overhaul answered.

"I see..."

The five of you kept heading in one direction, but then footsteps echoed through the halls. There were multiple people, you could tell. They got louder and louder by the second...until they stopped. You felt Eri stop shaking for a moment.

You all glanced backwards, and your e/c eyes were met with a pair of red ones. There stood Ejiro Kirishima, along with some of the police force and multiple heroes. He stared at you wide eyed, and the broccoli boi his class was looking back and fourth between you two.

"E-Eri-chan!" The group of police held up their guns and the heroes got into fighting stances.

"Mimic."

In Overhaul's command, Mimic stabbed another quirk magnifier into his neck, and he quickly disappeared into the wall. The walls started to shake, and Mimic separated the heroes from the four of you.

"Let's go, that should buy us ten minutes or so." Overhaul said, slightly picking up the pace. You continued to carry Eri through the motionless hallways, not saying a word. The tension in the air was too thick.

'The hell is Ejiro doing here?'

___

__

_

A few long minutes pass by, and the loud shaking noises within the facility haven't quieted down. If anything, they're increasing.

"It's so noisy...are those guys really doing their jobs?"

"I don't want to say it, but it's over for the Hassaikai." Chronostasis said.

"As long as the boss and I are here, the Hassaikai won't die." Overhaul paused. "Most of the underlings follow him and don't understand my thinking. Even though I am the one who respects the boss' will the most."

You felt Eri gripping your arms instead of the hoodie. This was probably the most frightened you've seen Eri. You slightly tightened your grip on Eri's figure.