18

MILLIES POV

I glanced at my watch; half past eleven, the time I was meeting Ron and Harry in the common room. I jumped out of bed quietly and pulled a jumper over my pyjamas.

"I can't believe you're doing this, Millie," A voice whispered. Mione was sitting up from her bed, watching me in a pink dressing gown.

"Oh, come on, Mione." I whispered loudly, walking towards the door. "Nothing bads going to happen."

"What if you get caught?" She said, following me down the stairs.

"We won't get caught, we'll be quiet and-"

"Millie? Who are you talking to?" I heard another voice say.

Looking up, I saw Harry and Ron standing near the portrait hole. Before I could answer, Ron stepped forward.

"YOU!" He said furiously, pointing at Mione. "Go back to bed!"

"I almost told your brother," Mione snapped. "Percy - he's a prefect, he'd put a stop to this."

I turned to her in shock. She was going to tell on us?

"Come on," Harry said, his eyes glued to me as he began walking towards the portrait hole. I didn't look at Mione, I just followed Harry, Ron soon behind me.

Mione wasn't going to give up that easily though. She followed us through.

"Don't you care about Gryffindor," she hissed. "Do you only care about yourselves, I don't want Slytherin to win the house cup, and you'll lose all the points I got from Professor McGonagall!"

"We got..." I mumbled, my voice trailing away.

"Go away," Harry said fiercely.

"Alright, but I warned you, you just remember what I said when you're on the train home tomorrow, you're so-"

But what we were, we didn't find out. Mione had turned to the portrait of the Fat lady to get back inside, but it was empty. The fat lady had obviously gone on a night-time visit, leaving Mione locked out.

"Now what am I going to do?" she asked shrilly.

"That's you're problem," I snapped, glaring at her. "We've got to go, we're going to be late."

One again, I began walking forward, leaving a surprised Harry and Ron to stare after me. How dare Mione have a go at us like that! I had trusted her, and she was actually going to tell on me.

We hadn't even reached the end of the corridor when she caught up with us.

"I'm coming with you."

I laughed, "You are not."

"Do you think I'm going to stand out here and wait for Filch to catch me?" She said. We stood, staring dangerously at each other. "If he finds all four of us I'll tell him the truth, that I was trying to stop you and you can back me up."

"Back you up! How dare you, I-"

I felt arms suddenly wrap around my body, preventing me from saying or doing anything else. I whipped my head around to see Harry watching me cautiously. I sent him one of my signature glares that seemed to work on everyone but him, so I soon gave up helplessly and stood limply in his arms.

"You've got some nerve-" Ron started at Mione.

"Shut up!" said Harry suddenly, his breath brushing against the back of my neck. I used this opportunity to step away from him, but surprisingly, he didn't try to pull me back. "I heard something."

I listened. I heard a faint sort of snuffling. I looked around and spotted Neville curled up on the floor, fast asleep.

"Mrs Norris?" breathed Ron, squinting through the dark.

"No," I whispered, leaning down to Neville. I shook him gently and he woke with a start.

"Thank goodness you found me! I've been out here for hours. I couldn't remember the new password to get into bed."

I helped him up as Ron hissed, "Keep your voice down, Neville. The passwords 'pig snout' but it won't help you now, the fat lady's gone off somewhere."

"How's your arm?" Harry said.

"Fine," said Neville, showing us. "Madam Pomfrey mended it in about a minute."

"Good - well, look, Neville, we've got to be somewhere, we'll see you later -" Ron started again.

"Don't leave me!" said Neville, clinging onto my jumper. I patted him awkwardly, while I had to endure Harry watching me in amusement. "I don't want to stay here alone, the bloody barons been past twice already."

Ron looked at his watch and then stared furiously at Mione and Neville. "If either of you get us caught, I'll never rest until I've learnt that curse of the bogies Quirrell told us about, and used it on you."

Mione opened her mouth but Harry hissed at her to be quiet and beckoned everyone forward.