33

MILLIES POV

I stirred in my sleep. I had heard something. Sitting up rapidly, I looked around. I was on the sofa in the common room - I must've fallen asleep whilst we were all sitting there.

Hello?" I whispered.

I jumped as Harry suddenly appeared in front of me.

"M'lady," he said, bowing.

"I - wha - how did you get there -?" I stuttered. And then the realisation hit me. "The invisibility cloak."

Harry grinned and nodded.

"Come with me," he whispered.

I suddenly felt wide awake. We could explore the whole of Hogwarts with this! I stood up, straightened my clothes slightly, and followed the raven-haired boy across the common room. When we reached the portrait hole, Harry wrapped the cloak around us, with him leading.

"Who's there?" squawked the Fat Lady, as we climbed through. I stopped, my heart racing.

"Where should we go?" I muttered to Harry.

"I have an idea," He whispered. "Do you trust me?"

"Nope," I said, and I could nearly hear his smirk. "But I'll follow you."

"Come on then." He said.

Harry led me down multiple corridors, and when we reached our destination, it was pitch black and very eerie.

"Wait," I stopped and moved in front of Harry.

"What-"

"Shut up."

I drew my wand from my pocket and muttered "lumos". A blue light appeared at the end of it, lighting the room up a bit.

"That was a surprisingly good idea," Harry muttered, as I held my wand out in front of us.

"Why are we at the library?" I whispered, glancing around. "I didn't know you could read."

"I can read actually," he hissed. "I got a better mark than you in Defence Against the Dark Arts."

I ignored that little comment.

"Why are we here, Potter?"

"To get some alone time-"

"Potter!"

"I'm only joking!" Harry said, chuckling quietly. "I thought we could look in the Restricted Section for Flamel."

"Out of the whole of Hogwarts, you choose to do that?" I said, shaking my head.

"You just don't want to admit that I had a better idea that you," he whispered.

"Fine," I moaned. "We'll look for Flamel."

Harry smiled smugly, as I whispered "Alohomora", and pointed my wand to the lock. It clicked, allowing us to go through.

"How is it you know so many spells already?" Harry asked.

"Miones my best friend, what do you expect?"

"I thought I was your best friend?"

I swivelled around to face him.

"We are not friends."

"You wouldn't have come with me if you didn't like me," Harry pointed out, leaning his back on a shelf and crossing his arms.

"Get up," I snapped, pulling him up and holding my wand to read the titles.

They didn't tell us much. Their peeling, faded gold letters spelt words in languages I couldn't understand. Some had no title at all. One book had a dark stain on it that looked horribly like blood. The hairs on the back of my neck prickled, making me shiver.

I watched as Harry suddenly pulled a large black and silver volume from the shelf, unraveling his arm from my shoulders. He pulled it out with ease, although it looked quite heavy. Balancing it on his knee, he let it fall open.

A piercing, blood-curdling shriek split the silence - the book was screaming! I chucked my hands over my ears as Harry snapped it shut, but the shriek went on and on, one high, unbroken, ear-splitting note. I stumbled backwards as Harry grabbed my hand, and pulled me back towards the gate.

Panicking, I heard footsteps coming down the corridor outside. I looked up at Harry with wide eyes, who was panting heavily as he dragged me through the shelves of books. We passed Filch almost in the doorway; his pale eyes looked straight through us. He reached his arm out and I quickly dragged Harry underneath it, before streaking off down the corridor together, the books shrieks still ringing in my ears.

Harry came to a sudden halt in front of a tall suit of armour.

"What the bloody hell are you doing?" I hissed, ripping my hand out of his.

"This is the suit of armour near the kitchens!" He whispered frantically. "We must be ages away from the common-"

"You asked me to come directly to you, Professor, if anyone was wandering around at night, and somebody's been in the library - restricted section."

I felt the blood drain out of my face. Wherever we were, Filch must know a short cut, because his soft, greasy voice was getting nearer, and to my horror, it was Snape who replied.

"The restricted section? Well, they can't be far, we'll catch them."

Harry and I were desperately mouthing things at each other like, 'What do we do!", and, 'You come up with something!"

We stood rooted to the spot, as Filch and Snape came around the corner ahead. They couldn't see us, of course, but it was a narrow corridor and if they came much nearer they'd knock right into us - the cloak didn't stop us being solid.

Harry must have been thinking the same thing because he suddenly begin to move towards me, placing his hands on my waist and pushing me forward. I froze in shock as he continued moving forward until I was pressed between the wall and him.

I hated being in close quarters with Harry. If I could've burst out of the cloak and ran away, never to touch him again, I would've. However, I knew that would get me caught. For what seemed like hours but was probably only minutes, we stood in that position, trying to lean our faces as far away from each other as possible.

Thinking desperately, I placed my hands on the wall behind me, sliding them across the cold stone, until I felt a door handle. Praying silently, I slowly turned the handle and the door-lock clicked. I let out a short breath and began shuffling towards the door. This made Harry turn his face back towards me, making my face inches from his.

"What're you doing?" He muttered. I could feel his warm breath against my lips.

"Follow me."

I slipped through the door, with Harry quickly following behind me. To my relief, Snape and Filch walked straight past without noticing anything, and I pulled the cloak off of us, sucking in a breath of sweet, refreshing air. Harry leant against the wall, his eyes closed and his cheeks red, listening to their footsteps dying away. That had been close, very close. It was a few seconds before I noticed anything about the room we had hidden in.