57

MILLIES POV

We walked into a large chamber, the last one.

There was already someone there - but it wasn't Snape. It wasn't even Voldemort.

It was Quirrell.

If I wasn't so injured, I would have choked.

"You!" gasped Harry.

Quirrell smiled. His face wasn't twitching at all.

"Me," he said calmly. "I wondered whether I'd be meeting you here, Potter. How sweet, you've brought your little girlfriend too."

"But I thought - Snape-"

"Severus?" Quirrell laughed and it wasn't his usual quivering treble, either, but cold and sharp. "Yes, Severus does seem the type, doesn't he? So useful to have him swooping around like an overgrown bat. Next to him, who would suspect p-p-poor st-stuttering P-Professor Quirrell."

I couldn't take it in. This couldn't be true, it couldn't. I found my voice.

"But Snape t-tried to k-kill Harry!"

"No, no, no. I tried to kill Harry. Your friend Miss Granger accidentally knocked me over as she rushed to set fire to Snape at that quidditch match. She broke my eye contact with you. Another few seconds and I'd have got Potter off that broom. I'd have managed it before then if Snape hadn't been muttering a counter-curse, trying to save him."

"Snape was trying to save me?" Harry whispered.

"Of course," said Quirrell coolly. "Why do you think he wanted to referee your next match? He was trying to make sure I didn't do it again. Funny, really ... he needn't of bothered. I couldn't do anything with Dumbledore watching. All the other teachers thought Snape was trying to stop Gryffindor winning, he did make himself unpopular ... and what a waste of time, when after all that, I'm going to kill you tonight."

"No your not," I growled, pointing my wand at Quirrell.

His evil eyes flickered to me angrily.

"And what're you going to do, Donovan?" He laughed coldly. "You can hardly walk."

"Yeah, well, what I'm about to do doesn't require walking. Everte statum!"

Quirrell was immediately thrown backwards from the force of the spell, but it was too much for my body to take. I fell to the floor, the world spinning.

"Millie!" I heard Harry cry, but Quirrell was too quick. He snapped his fingers and I managed to keep my eyes open long enough to see ropes spring out of thin air and wrap themselves tightly around Harry. Quirrell walked slowly over to me, with Harry still screaming and shouting my name. My eyes clamped shut, every single muscle in my body screaming with pain, yet not one moan escaped my mouth.

"Just like your mother," I heard Quirrell mutter darkly to himself, before everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up staring at a white ceiling. How strange. Sitting up, I realised I must be in the hospital wing. I was laying in a bed with white linen sheets, and next to me was a table piled high with what looked like half the sweet shop. I hungrily reached out and took a box of Berty-Botts-Every-flavour-Beans. I popped a sweet in my mouth and noticed a small mirror beside me. I peered into it, nearly gasping at the sight; my neck had a massive bandage around it, and my was face covered in scabs. I frantically glanced to my right and spotted a boy unconscious in the bed next to mine. My head tilted in confusion...he looked like Harry...