23

MILLIES POV

I felt like I was going to faint. Stood above us was a troll. Twelve feet tall, it's skin was a dull, granite grey, it's great lumpy body like a boulder with its small bald head perched on top like a coconut. It had short legs as thick as tree trunks, with flat, horny feet. It was holding a huge wooden club, which dragged along the floor because its arms were so long.

After all three of us had got over the initial shock, the massive creature began advancing on us, knocking the sinks off the walls as it went.

"Mione, run!" I yelled, grabbing her hand and forcing her to the other side of the bathroom. We clung onto each other, sliding petrified down the wall.

"W-what do we d-do?" I whispered, as it roared loudly.

But Mione just shook her head, too terrified to speak. I had just about excepted the fact that I was going to die, when a voice rung around the toilets.

"Confuse it!"

Harry seized a tap and threw it as hard as he could against the wall.

The troll stopped just a few feet away from us. I could feel Mione shaking in my arms, as the troll lumbered around, blinking stupidly, to see what had made the noise. It's mean little eyes saw Harry. It hesitated, then made for him instead, lifting its club as it went.

I gasped, trying desperately to think of something.

"Oi, pee-brain!" I heard Ron yell from the other side of the chamber, throwing a metal pipe at the troll. It didn't even seem to notice the pipe hitting its shoulder, but it heard the yell and paused again, turning its ugly snout towards Ron instead, giving Harry time to go around it. He ran over and dropped onto his knees in front of us.

"Want a bet, Potter?" I said shakily.

"What?" He said, looking at me in disbelief. "I don't think now's the time!"

"Well, I bet that we make it out alive."

Harry shook his head, his cheek stained with dust. "Trust you to be making jokes when we are about to die."

I laughed weakly, and for a second I forgot that Ron was now being chased by a twelve foot tall troll.

"Help... HELP!" Ron screamed. Harry quickly got up and grabbed both mine and Miones hands, pulling us towards the door. Mione didn't move, however, for she was still flat against the wall, her mouth open in fear.

The shouting and the echoes seemed to be driving the troll berserk. It roared, and started towards Ron again, who was nearest and had no escape.

Panicking, I then did something that was both brave and very, very stupid: letting go of Harry's hand, I took a great running jump and managed to fasten my arms around the trolls neck from behind, ignoring the yells from the other three. I don't think the troll could feel me hanging there, but even a troll will notice if you stick a long bit of wood up it's nose, and my wand had still been in my hand when I'd jumped - it went straight up one of the trolls nostrils.

Howling with pain, the troll twisted and flailed it's club, with me clinging on for dear life; any second, the troll was going to rip me off or catch me a terrible blow with the club.