26

MILLIES POV

The next morning dawned very bright and cold. I plaited my hair into french plaits and followed Hermione down the dormitory stairs. At the bottom, Ron and Harry stood waiting for us, Harry in identical quidditch robes to mine. He looked up and sent me a small smile; to my surprise, Harry Potter seemed just as nervous as me.

On our way down to breakfast, lots of people came up to us, wishing Harry and I good luck. I also received a lot of hugs, mostly from boys, even some older boys. Harry got his fair share of girls, too, which I'm sure he loved.

"Told you, your popular," Mione whispered to me, as a group of second year boys walked up to us.

The great hall was full of the delicious smell of fried sausages and the cheerful chatter of everyone looking forward to a good Quidditch match.

"You've got to eat some breakfast," Mione said to me.

"I don't want anything."

"Just a bit of toast," She wheedled.

"I'm not hungry."

I felt terrible. In an hours time I'd be walking onto the Quidditch pitch. I felt Harrys hard stare on my face, and I half-expected him to say something, but a cold voices my ears instead.

"Play well today, Donovan," Malfoy said, with Parkinson behind him, glaring at me. "And by the way, the robes suit you."

"Idiot," I heard Ron mutter, as they sauntered away.

"Millie, good luck," said Dean, appearing and hugging me from behind.

"Thanks, Dean," I said, smiling weakly.

By eleven o'clock, the whole school seemed to be out in the stands around the quidditch pitch. Ron and Hermione had wished us luck before joining the rest of the Gryffindors up in the top row.

Meanwhile, in the changing rooms, the Gryffindor team were getting ready to play.

Oliver cleared his throat for silence.

"Okay, Men," he said.

"And women," said Angelina Johnson, who was sitting beside me.

"And women," Oliver agreed. "This is it."

"The big one," said Fred.

"The one we've all been waiting for," said George.

"We know Wood's speech by heart," Fred told me. "We were in the team last year."

"Shut up, you two," said Oliver. "This is the best team Gryffindors had in years. We're going to win. I know it".

He glared at us all as if to say, 'or else'.

"Right, good luck, all of you."

"Donovan."

Harry appeared in front of me, handing me a red and gold jumper.

"What is this?" I asked him, taking it.

"My Quidditch jumper," he replied cheekily. "I'm obviously going to catch the Snitch, so I thought I'd give it to you now."

I quickly dropped it on the beach as though it had stung me. "We'll see about that," I said, before pushing past him and walking out of the changing rooms.

I lined up next to Katie Bell and Angelina, listening to the distant cheers of the crowd. I kept my eyes on the wooden door. It was time.