31

MILLIES POV

Once the holidays had started, I was having too good a time to think much about Flamel. Ron and Harry had the dormitory to themselves and because no first year girls had stayed other than me, I decided to move my stuff into their dormitory so that I wouldn't be alone, much to Harry's annoying happiness. The common room was far emptier than usual, so we were able to get good seats by the armchair too. We sat by the fire eating anything we could spear on a toasting fork - bread, crumpets, marshmellows - and plotting ways of getting Malfoy expelled, which were fun to talk about even if they wouldn't work.

Ron began teaching Harry how to play wizards chess, and during this time, I went with Fred and George. We shared a love for mischief, and one of my favourite pranks happened one December afternoon.

I was sitting in the Gryffindor common room on a sofa watching Harry and Ron play a game of chess, when Fred and George dropped on the seats either side of me and looked up expectantly.

"I know those looks," I said, a small smile forming on my lips. "What's the plan?"

"Can you come with us?" George said, smiling mischievously.

"Yes, take her, please," Harry said, without even looking up from his game.

"If it means I can get away from him, of course," I said, standing up. Harry pushed my side with his hand, his eyes still fixed on the chess board.

"Let's go," Fred said, leading the way out of the Common room.

"Where are we going?" I asked excitedly, as soon as we had stepped through the portrait hole and the twins began pulling me in the direction of the owlery.

"Here's what's going to happen," Fred explained. "We've found George can do a pretty accurate impression of our Dad."

"Ever heard of a howler, Millie?" George asked me, smirking.

Half an hour later, the twins and I snuck back into the Common room, which to my delight, had quite a few Gryffindor's inside. We hurried into an empty corner, waiting excitedly for what was going to happen.

"Any minute now," Fred whispered. Just as we'd planned, one of the school owls landed on the window sill near where Harry and Ron were sitting and began tapping the glass lightly. They exchanged curious looks, before Ron got up and opened the window. He took the red envelope from the owl's beak and sat back down. I snorted as the expression on his face changed from curiosity to horror as he recognised the howler.

"RONALD WEASLEY!"

The letter roared loudly in George's voice, which according to Fred, sounded nearly identical to Mr Weasleys. I slapped my hand over my mouth to stop myself roaring with laughter.

"I AM DISGUSTED! I HAVE JUST RECEIVED A LETTER FROM PERCY, SAYING THAT YOU WET THE BED LAST NIGHT AGAIN..."

Ron looked around in confusion as the whole room erupted with laughter. His ears turned bright red, as Percy ran desperately around the room, shouting, "Everyone calm down! This isn't true..."

"... YOU NEED TO LEARN TO CONTROL YOUR BLADDER, IF YOU NEED THE TOILET, GO..."

Harry was staring at the howler in disbelief as it continued yelling at Ron, with Percy still trying to restore the calmness.