34

MILLIES POV

The room looked like a disused classroom, the dark shapes of desks and chairs were piled against the walls, and there was an upturned basket - but my eyes were drawn to something large in the back of the room. Propped against the wall facing us was something that looked as if someone had just put it there to keep it out of the way.

It was a mirror, as high as the ceiling, with a gold frame, standing on two clawed feet.

"It says something," I whispered, reading the inscription at the top: 'erised stra ebru oyt ube cafru oyt on wobsi'.

I watched nervously as Harry approached the mirror. He stopped directly in front of it, took one quick look at his reflection, and clapped his hands over his mouth.

"I know you're ugly, Potter, but I would've though you'd realised that by now," I muttered.

Harry glanced behind him, looking wildly around the room.

"What?" I asked, my eyes darting between the mirror and him. He just waved his hand at me and turned slowly back to the mirror.

It was silent for a couple of minutes, before Harry whispered, "Mum? Dad?"

My stomach flipped as I watched the raven-haired boy press his hands flat against the glass, staring hungrily into the mirror.

My heart slightly ached watching him. Although he was the most annoying person I had ever met, he definitely didn't deserve what happened to him - nobody does.

I knew he could see his family - I could see his face, see the desperate longing and love. I sat down quietly on a chair by the wall silently. How long we were there, I didn't know.

I must have fallen asleep, because I felt someone shake me gently. My eyes fluttered open to meet a pair of emerald-green ones. I straightened up, and we kind of just stared at each other awkwardly.

"You saw your family, didn't you," I muttered.

"Yeah," He said croakily.

I hesitated, before whispering, "I'm sure they would be very proud of you, Harry."

And leaving the boy in even more confusion than he already was, I left, hoping and praying that I wouldn't get caught by Filch.