39

MILLIES POV

I groaned loudly as Snape awarded yet another penalty to Hufflepuff, because George had sent a bludger at one of their players.

Hufflepuff scored and the game was back in play. Seizing the opportunity, I zoomed forward and caught the Quaffle.I began flying back up the pitch, when a Hufflepuff chaser flew in front of me, blocking my path. I crashed into him and dropped the Quaffle.

"Ouch," I grumbled.

"Sorry, Millie," the chaser said. I recognised him as one of the boys that had wished me Merry Christmas before we had had the snowball fight.

"It's Fine," I replied, sending him a weak smile. My smile quickly dropped as Snape blew the whistle, awarding Hufflepuff another penalty for no reason. Thankfully, The hufflepuff missed, and Oliver caught it. He quickly threw it to me, and this time, I was ready. I dodged every single player that tried to get in between me and the goal ahead. Getting ready, I threw the Quaffle right through the middle hoop, and cheers echoed through the stadium.

"Yes!" I yelled, clapping my hands together. However, my hands froze as my eyes landed on the stands, where Mione and Ron were standing right next to Malfoy and his idiot friends. Ron looked like he was on his last nerve, with Malfoy laughing loudly, and Mione kept throwing them anxious looks. I gulped, before seeing Mione nudging Ron and pointing at the sky. I followed her finger.

Harry had suddenly gone into a spectacular dive, which drew gasps and cheers from the crowd. I silently prayed and crossed my fingers, as Harry streaked towards the ground like a bullet.

"Come on, Potter," I whispered, as everyone else screamed and cheered as he sped straight at Snape - who turned on his broomstick just in time to see something scarlet fly past him, missing him by inches - next second, Harry had pulled out of his dive, his arm raised in triumph, the snitch clasped in his hand.

The stands erupted; it had to be a recored, no one could ever remember the snitch being caught so quickly.

"Thank Merlin," I said, speeding towards the ground and clambering off my broom. Fred and George landed too, and hoisted me onto their shoulders, as the Pitch flooded with Gryffindors. We'd done it - the game was over and it had barely lasted five minutes. I saw Snape land nearby, white-faced and tight-lipped.

I was too happy and overwhelmed to string words together, as the twin's placed me back on the ground. As soon as my feet tounched the grass, arms were flung round my shoulders from behind me. I tilted my head to come face-to-face with Harry.

"Now's a good time to thank me," He said, grinning widely. "I ended the game quickly, and therefore got us out of the whole Snape situation."

"Shut up," I scoffed, pulling away from him. "But even I have to admit, you played well."

Somehow, his smile grew even bigger, before he was dragged away by some celebrating people.

Snape spat bitterly on the floor.

Harry and I left the changing rooms alone some time later, to take our broomsticks back to the broom shed.

"No-one can say I'm just a famous name anymore," Harry sung happily.

"Hey, I've never thought you are just a famous name," I said. "I just think you are an idiot."

"An idiot that is amazing at Quidditch," he said, nudging me with his elbow.

The evening air had never felt so sweet. We walked over the damp grass together, talking excitedly about the last hour, which was a happy blur: Gryffindors running to hug me; Ron and Mione in the distance, jumping up and down, Ron cheering through a heavy nosebleed...

We soon reached the shed and Harry took my broomstick and placed them both inside. He came back out and lent on the door, his hair even messier than usual. I stared at the castle, its windows glowing red in the setting sun.

"It really is beautiful," I sighed.

"Not as beautiful as you," Harry muttered. I turned to look at him with an annoyed expression.

"Way to ruin the moment."

"Sorry," he moaned. "I'm just so happy. We showed Snape..."

Speaking of Snape...

I guess all good things come to an end.