58

MILLIES POV

Madam Pomfrey was a nice women, but very strict.

"Just five minutes," Harry pleaded.

"Absolutely not."

"You let Dumbledore in!" I argued.

"Professor Dumbledore. And of course I did, that was the headmaster, quite different. You need rest."

"I've had rest, look, I'm fine."

I quickly jumped out of bed to show that I could stand again, ignoring the sharp pain in my neck. She was not impressed.

"SIT BACK DOWN, CHILD - thank you, now-"

"Oh, go on, Madam Pomfrey..." Harry said.

We looked at her longingly.

"Oh, very well." She sighed. "But only for five minutes."

Harry and I beamed at each other. We had had quite a laugh in the Hospital wing, despite out injuries.

"Millie! Harry!"

"Mione! Ron!" I said excitedly.

Mione looked ready to fling her arms around me, but I was glad she didn't as my neck was still very sore.

"Oh, Millie, we were sure you were going to - Dumbledore was so worried -"

"It's okay, Mione," I said reassuringly. I quickly checked to see if Madam Pomfrey had gone back into her office - she had. I got out of bed and tiptoed over to Harry's, dropping down on the end of it, so we could all talk. Ron sat in a chair next to Harry's head, whilst Mione sat next to me on the edge of the bed, holding my hand gently.

"The whole schools talking about it," said Ron.
"What really happened?"

It was one of those rare occasions where the true story is even more strange and exciting than the wild rumours. We told them everything - well, Harry mostly, as I had been knocked out for most of it.
Ron and Mione were a very good audience; they gasped in all the right places and, when Harry told them what was under Quirrells turban, Mione screamed out loud.

"So the stones gone?" said Ron finally. "Flamels just going to die?"

"That's what we said," Harry agreed. "But Dumbledore thinks that - what was it, Mills - oh, yeah - to the well organised mind, death is but the next great adventure."

"I always said he was off his rocker," said Ron, looking quite impressed at how mad his hero was.

"And Dumbledore said something weird to Mills, too."

I snapped my head up and gave him a warning look. I didn't feel like sharing it with anyone yet - I was just waiting for when the time was right.

"Oh - erm - just that he doesn't like Berty-Botts-Every flavour beans, weird right?" Harry said, laughing slightly.

Ron frowned. "Yeah?"

I quickly changed the subject.

"So what happened to you two?"

"Well, I got back alright," said Mione. "I brought Ron round - that took a while - and we were dashing up to contact Dumbledore when we met him in the entrance hall. He already knew - he just said, 'they've gone after him, haven't that?' and hurtled off to the third floor."

"D'you think he meant you to do it?" said Ron. "Sending the cloak and everything?"

"Well," Mione exploded. "If he did - I mean to say - that's terrible - you could have been killed."