32

MILLIES POV

"Hey, look - Harry and Millie have got Weasley jumpers too!" George said, grinning.

I noticed Fred and George were wearing red jumpers, one with a large, yellow 'F' on it, the other with a large, yellow 'G'.

"There's are better than ours, though," said Fred, holding up my jumper. "She obviously makes more of an effort if you're not family."

"Why aren't you wearing yours, Ronald?" George demanded. "Come on, get it on, they're lovely and warm."

"I hate maroon," Ron moaned half-heartedly as he pulled it over his head.

"You haven't got a letter on yours," Fred observed, his arm still draped lazily over my shoulders. "I suppose she thinks you don't forget your name. But we're not stupid - we know we're called Gred and Forge."

We all laughed loudly.

"What's all this noise?"

Percy stuck his head through the door, looking at us disapprovingly. He had clearly come halfway through unwrapping his presents as he, too, carried a lumpy jumper over his arm, which George seized.

"P for prefect! Get it on, Percy, come on, we're all wearing ours, even Harry and Millie got one."

"I - don't -want -" said Percy thickly, as the twins forced the jumper over his head, knocking his glasses askew. I snorted.

"And you're not sitting with the prefects today, either," said Fred. "Christmas is a time for family."

And they frog-marched Percy from the room, his arms pinned to his side by his jumper.

The Christmas dinner was amazing. A hundred fat, roast turkeys, mountains of roast and boiled potatoes, platters of fat chipolatas, tureens of buttered peas, silvers boats of thick, rich gravy and cranberry sauce - and stacks of wizard crackers every few feet along the table. These fantastic crackers were nothing like the Muggle ones, with their little plastic toys and their flimsy paper hats. I pulled a wizard cracker with Ron and it didn't just bang, it went off with blast like a cannon and engulfed us all in a cloud of blue smoke, while from the inside exploded a rear-admirals hat and several, live, white mice. Up on the high table, Dumbledore had swapped his pointed wizards hat for a flowered bonnet and was chuckling merrily at a joke Flitwick had just read him.

Flaming Christmas puddings followed the turkey. Percy nearly broke his teeth on a silver sickle embedded in his slice. I watched Hagrid getting redder and redder in the face as he called for more wine, finally kissing Professor McGonagall on the cheek, who, to my amazement, giggled and blushed, her top hat lop-sided.

When we left the table, I was laden down with a stack of things out of the crackers, including a pack of non-explodable, luminous balloons, a grow-your-own-warts kit, and my own new wizard chess set. The white mice had disappeared and I had a nasty feeling they were going to end up as Mrs Norris's Christmas dinner.

The Weasleys, Harry and I decided to go outside, as it was snowing. On the steps, we passed a group of third-year boys, who stopped us.

"Merry christmas everyone," The boy in front said, then turned to me. "Millie is it?"

I nodded.

"Merry christmas," He said, smiling, before walking off with the rest of the boys, who nodded at me.

"Little miss popular, you are." Fred said, nudging me.

"Am not," I said, staring after the boys.

"Explain that then," George grinned, glancing in the same direction.

"Okay," I said, before diving my hands into the snow and making a large snowball. With one swift throw, it landed right in George's face. I burst out laughing.

"Right," George huffed. "I forgot you were a chaser."

Our group were now all laughing at him, as he wiped himself down. "But you forgot something too."

"And what's that?"

"I also play quidditch."

And with that, he made a large snowball and chucked it straight at me, landing right on my stomach. I grunted.

That's what started the snowball fight. Soon after, everyone was throwing snowballs everywhere.

At one point, I spotted Harry standing with his back turned to me, making a large snowball to throw at Fred. I ran up behind him, planning to tackle him to the ground, but just before I jumped on his back, he turned.

I ran straight into him and he fell into the snow, landing on his back, with me on top of him. He looked at me in surprise.

"That's what I meant to do," I muttered, sitting up as Harry leant up on his arms. I was now straddling him, whilst he sat there.

"Of course," Harry smirked. "You wanted to sit on top of me."

"Erm, yeah," I mumbled, a blush forming on my cheeks.

"I don't mind," Harry said.

"Of course you don't," I sneered, as everyone began wolf-whistling at us. I pushed myself up and looked down at Harry, my face a deep red. He just sat there looking as though he had not been affected one bit.

We spent the rest of the afternoon having a happy, but furious snowball fight in the grounds. Then, cold, wet and gasping for breath, we returned to the fire in the Gryffindor common room, where I was forced to watch Harry break in his new chess set by losing spectacularly to Ron. Although I think he wouldn't have lost so badly if Percy hadn't tried to help him so much - not that I would admit that.

After a tea of turkey sandwiches, crumpets, trifle and Christmas cake, I felt too full and sleepy to do much before bed, except sit and watch Percy chase Fred and George all over Gryffindor tower because they'd stolen his prefects badge - the perfect way to end Christmas Day.