[11]

"I must admit, love, you have a certain amount of flare." Klaus announced as he and Emma came to stand together once again. Emma was slightly surprised by the fact that their interactions continued on. But then again, they were in the same boat, neither of them really had any friends to entertain them at this party.

"Well, it's not like he didn't give me content to work with. I mean, seriously, Elena was there when I saw Rebekah vamp out. How do they forget to mention I know?" Emma questioned with a shake of her head, her eyes scanning through the crowd in search of familiar faces of the Scooby gang, but the only one she could see was Bonnie.

"Perhaps they underestimate you, thinking you've been compelled to forget." Klaus suggested, using it as a chance to bring up one more thing he'd been wondering. "It is what would be expected of Rebekah, so how come she didn't?"

"I suppose out of the kindness of her heart. Knowing helps me do more than just survive." Emma answered, not revealing the same amount of things she'd told Rebekah to Klaus. She doubted he'd be willing to busy himself with helping her discover the truth about her father. She also knew Rebekah couldn't compel her either, due to the vervain in her system. The blonde had, surprisingly enough, even admitted to trying on the night of the Bonfire. "So, what's next? I'd like to mention I'm not up for ripping throats and hearts out."

Emma's words made Klaus chuckle as he motioned for her to walk alongside him, heading towards the house. Curious to know where he was going, Emma followed. She hadn't really expected him to tell her more. Her question was offering her a win-win situation; if he did, she'd have more information, possibly leading to knowing what happened to Rebekah, if not, he'd probably go off on his own soon enough, leaving her with a chance to leave as well. Get herself out of there before shit hit the fan. Klaus' plan didn't seem to include that as he led her over to a table set up with red cups aimed at playing beer pong.

"How about a game while we wait for the guest of honour?" Klaus offered, Emma responding by raising an eyebrow at him. When you think of a thousand-year-old vampire-werewolf hybrid, you don't really imagine them playing beer pong in their free time.

"I don't drink." She pointed out. Perhaps she'd be willing to play if she had any affinity towards beer, or any type of alcohol for that matter, but she didn't. Also, as if sending her a small message, she could feel the tip of her keys as she readjusted her hold on the small bag in her hands; she was driving back home.

"No worries, Tony can drink in your place." Klaus announced, pointing to one of the hybrids that have subtly gathered around them without Emma even noticing their approach. She reminded herself they were under Klaus' control, and he had no reason to turn them on her.

"What a terrific use of all-powerful supernatural beings." She commented light-heartedly, making Klaus smile while the hybrid he's said would drink for her, Tony laughed in amusement.

"Oh, I don't mind, not at all." He said reassuringly, making Emma glance at Klaus, the hybrid's eyes tasing and daring her to try her skill against him. Emma knew she'd lose, after all, she didn't have enhanced sight or reflexes that he did, but with the drinking option removed, it did sound fun.

"Ladies first." Klaus announced as he saw her shrug her shoulders, moving over to stand on the other end of the table. His hand extended to her, handing her the ping pong ball, but as she reached for it, his fist closed around it as he spoke again. "Shall we make it more interesting, since you're not drinking, instead you answer a question whenever I succeed?"

"You mean, every time, right?" Emma wasn't about to play dumb for the sake of seeming confident and pretending as if she thought she'd do well against him. It was a good thing she wasn't the competitive kind when it came to trivial games. "Alright, Klaus, and do I get the same privilege?"