[51]

Kol and Emma made their way through the large house in search of one particular person. Rebekah wasn't with them, having announced she had one more thing to do before facing their brother again. "You dick!" Emma was the first to speak as she and Kol finally located which room of the Mikaelson mansion Klaus was hiding in.

She didn't really care whether her fist smacking into Klaus' shoulder hurt him or not. It was still something that needed to be done as her lecture began. "You made us think you were dead! Gone, done for, never coming back! And yet you were happily stored away in the body of Tyler Lockwood!?"

As she spoke, Kol simply leaned against the door behind them, observing the situation in amusement. It was rare that someone other than Elijah scolded Klaus. He was eager to soak in every moment of it.

"Don't let it get to you love, I couldn't risk someone exposing my plan." Klaus simply replied, the smirk on his face showing how unbothered by it all he was. It made Emma want to hit him again.

"Right, because we're so well known for running to the Salvatores and letting them know your plans?" Emma spoke in a sarcastic tone, raising an eyebrow at him, still not pleased with the answer.

"Perhaps not, but your worry for me, and fear of Tyler Lockwood certainly helped sell it." Klaus taunted, and this time Emma did hit him again. Well, at least she tried to. Klaus grabbed hold of her wrist before she could. "Now, now love. Let's not get too bent up over it. I'm sorry. There, does that help?"

"You're still a dick." Emma grumbled, not bothering to point out the fact that he sounded entirely insincere in his words. "And lucky I'm in a forgiving mood."

"Benevolence all around." Klaus said happily, although the smile didn't quite reach his eyes which instead held a small glare as he turned to look at his brother standing behind Emma, much closer now than he was before, regarding the hybrid with a warning look. "I myself have put my brother's betrayal behind us." Klaus said, referring to the fact that while Klaus was getting dessicated, Kol ran off with Emma instead of helping.

"You're immortal and their sire, Nik. They wouldn't have killed you." Kol rolled his eyes at his brother's dramatics. The message was clear, even though he didn't say it fully. Unlike Klaus, Emma could have gotten hurt.

"Right, because you, little brother, don't like to share your toys. Isn't that right?" Klaus taunted, and the more he spoke the more it became clear he was building up to a point. And Kol could see it too. The light-hearted amusement was gone from his face. Unlike Emma, he knew what Klaus was leading up to.

Seeing the questioning look on the face of the human standing between them, Klaus continued. "You yourself said it Emma, you heard the stories. How long is it before you tire of this one and kill her, brother?"

"Alright, then." Emma said, taking a step to the side so that she was no longer standing between the two. She wasn't sure how to react to the question. Because he was right. She'd known the stories even before she met him, and once she found out about their... activities together, Rebekah made sure to share even more of them. "You're hurt, you're lashing out, and I'm not really psyched about the idea of being used as a pawn for that. So I'm gonna go." She finally announced, as it seemed like the best thing to do.

She started to make her way out of the room, ignoring the call of her name which came from Kol. And he didn't have much chance to speak either as Rebekah's voice spread through the air, the anger in it as she yelled out Klaus' name very clear. Yup, definitely a smart idea to go now rather than later.

"Call me if you need me." Emma told the blonde as they passed each other in the halls, sending her a small smile before she continued moving towards the door. And so the human left, allowing the vampires to fight among themselves in peace.