[9]

"So, an alliance with Gilbert? From wanting to drain her to working together. Curious turn?" Emma held the phone up to her ear with the aid of her shoulder as she arranged the shopping bags in her hands while she spoke. She could hear a small scoff come from the other end of the line as Rebekah replied.

"Oh I still want that, but right now, she's of no use to me dead." Rebekah shared, the comment making Emma let out a small laugh. After the night they'd had, Emma knew quite a bit of the Mystic Falls secrets. She still didn't know what exactly Rebekah was planning with Gilbert and her two vampire puppies, but she did know about the Doppelganger's role in the supernatural world, along with who all of the witches, vampires, and hybrids in the area were.

"And you're sure you don't need any help?" Emma asked, even though she'd already received the answer to that question before. When Rebekah called to tell her that she couldn't get ready together for the homecoming dance as they'd planned because she needed to get something done with the Scooby gang (Emma's title for the group, one that at first very much confused Rebekah), one of the first things Emma did was offer her help.

"No, don't worry. I'll just meet you at the dance." Rebekah, just as before, turned the offer down quickly. With what they were planning she wanted Emma as far away from it as possible. She wanted the brunette no where near her father or her brother.

"Don't be late." Emma warned, and while she couldn't see it, from the silence on the other end of the line, she could only imagine the look on Rebekah's face in that moment.

"Just because we're not getting ready together doesn't mean I'll be incompetent to do it myself. Do you know how many balls I've attended in my lifetime?" Rebekah questioned after a couple of moments. Of course, Emma had heard stories about balls, and princes, princesses, lords and ladies Rebekah's met in her life.

"And how many times did you have ladies or maids helping you?" Emma asked with a smile. The night she learned about Rebekah being a vampire, the two girls spent hours talking, the blonde revealing to Emma many amazing things she'd seen in her life.

"I won't be late! I just have to take care of this first." Rebekah didn't answer Emma's real question, making the brunette laugh in amusement. The lack of a response was answer enough.

"Alright, I'll see you tonight. Call me if you need me." Emma finally let up, mostly because she was getting close to her car and needed at least one hand free to be able to open it.

"I won't, see you tonight." Rebekah's last words sounded confident before she hung up, leaving Emma to pack away her cellphone. As she tried to pack it away without tripping or dropping anything else, she was reminded of why she shouldn't walk without checking where she was going.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't- Oh, it's you." Emma quickly started to apologize to the person she practically smashed into, but once she noticed who it was that she had bumped into, she didn't feel too sorry anymore.

Elena seemed almost surprised by the fact that Emma recognized her, which the Park couldn't understand. Or bother trying to understand. She most certainly didn't feel like talking to the girl who, judging by her curled hair, was just like Emma, going through the process of getting ready for tonight's dance. She may have a temporary alliance with Rebekah, but that didn't mean Emma suddenly had to like the Gilbert girl.

"Listen Elena, I have a lot to do and not a lot of time to do it, so if you wouldn't mind..." Emma stated, motioning with her eyes for the Gilbert to get out of her way. Emma's words made Elena snap out of her analytical observation of Emma. She didn't get out of her way instantly, and Emma was ready to circle around the brunette when she finally did.

With an annoyed shake of her head, Emma moved past the girl and went on her way, not sparing Elena another glance. As she moved further away, Emma didn't get a chance to hear the words coming from the brunette she'd bumped into.