[14]

Emma had gone to the Grill for lunch that day. With her mother at work, and her own cooking skills putting their house at risk of burning doing, getting some fries from the local hang-out spot seemed like the best option for everyone. And while she'd finished her food long ago, Emma found herself unable to leave. The show was just too good to miss out on.

"Well if it isn't the ballsy wacko." The greeting made Emma give a small eye roll as her eyes peeled away from the scene of Klaus delivering the newest threat to Elena and Damon. Instead, she looked to Tony who approached her table from the bar, a smile on his face as he invited himself to sit down with her.

"Well if it isn't the rude hybrid." She retorted back, making him send her a pointed look.

"As I said, ballsy wacko." He stated, his point only proven by her teasing words. Emma shook her head at him with an amused smile as he continued. "So what brings you here? Hiding away as you pretend to write something?" He asked, nodding towards the pen she held in her hand while not actually writing anything on the blank page of a notebook in front of her.

"Oh, no special reason. Just enjoying the invisibility being human provides you with in this town." Emma said with what could only be described as a proud smirk. Tony arched an eyebrow in a questioning manner prompting the brunette to elaborate. "Everyone around here is worried about supernatural hearing, no one even bothers to think about a human not being deaf."

"Ah, so you're spying." Tony summed it up into simpler terms, and Emma shamelessly nodded her head. When she first walked into the Grill, she really didn't expect for everyone to just go on about their private conversations, but soon enough she suspected they really didn't expect her to listen in. And so she did.

"Exactly. So far, I know Bonnie's having weird dreams, Elena is done with Stefan, Damon is day drunk, although you don't have to hear that, you can just see it, and Jeremy failed his midterm and got fired." Emma shared, finding all the information just a tad bit meaningless in the whole grand scheme of things. "And Klaus seems pissed off, still. Is that his permanent setting?" She added on as she turned her head to see Klaus and Damon getting in each other's faces.

"It is, but today's special. Stefan stole the coffins." Tony whispered, Emma turning back to him with wide eyes as she heard the words. "Yeah, I'd be a bit less ballsy today if I were you." He added warningly.

"Well, fuck. So he got his freedom and used it to screw Klaus over. Figures." She shook her head in annoyance.

"Something he'll soon come to regret. I assure you." Klaus suddenly walked over to the table, his little throwdown with Damon and Elena obviously over. "Enjoying the show, love?"

"A little. Probably would have been better if it yielded results." Emma said honestly, taking the last sip of her soda as she ignored Tony pace palming once he heard her speak. So much for his warning...

"It would seem Elena and her friends are less forthcoming for the big bad villain in their fairy tale." Klaus' voice seeped with sarcasm as he took a seat. Emma sent him an unimpressed look.

"Exactly. You're the villain, so be the villain. Give them more than 'I'm broadening the scope' as an incentive." Emma suggested, her imitation of Klaus' accent sounding almost like a crime to humanity. Of course, Emma was sure he already had ideas of his own. Whether he was trying to take a pacifist route (for the first time in his life probably) or just building up to something, it still needed to be said so he'd get on with it.

"And what would you suggest?" Klaus questioned, sounding as if he were actually interested in what she'd do in his shoes. Emma doubted he was, but nonetheless she answered. With Klaus she was never sure what was a test and what wasn't. Best be honest with it all.