[54]

"So let me get this straight... You have a big-ass mansion to live in, with probably around thirty or more rooms, but that's just not good enough?" Emma raised an eyebrow at Rebekah as the two of them walked into a large house. There were no issues considering it was for sale and currently had no owner.

"I have no issue with the house." Rebekah pointed out, eyes scanning around the large foyer and the halls extending from it. "It's the people inside who are the problem."

"Kol being a nuisance?" Emma asked jokingly, a smile spreading over her face. "If you want I can talk him into leaving you alone." She offered, but while it made Emma herself laugh, Rebekah's reaction was more akin to disturbed.

"I do not want to know how you'd do that." The blonde grumbled. While, most of the time, she was happy that Emma never tried keeping Rebekah in the dark about... Whatever it was that was happening between her and her brother, there were also times where she could remain blissfully ignorant about it.

"Oh get your mind out of the gutter." Emma lightly hit Rebekah's shoulder, laughing at the insinuation. Even though, despite her words, whatever she tried to get Kol to leave Rebekah alone for a bit, it probably would end in the way Rebekah was insinuating it would.

"But to answer your question. No, this is about Nik." Rebekah returned to the topic at hand. "He may be gone now, but he'll come back. And when he does, I do not want to be there."

Rebekah's anger with her brother still remained strong. Not that Emma could blame her. She herself may have had an easy time forgiving him, but that was because he wasn't her family. And she never had any reason to think he'd care more about her than his plans for a hybrid army. It made sense why his sister, who'd loyally stood by his side for centuries, would expect more of him.

"And you've chosen this place." Emma stated, knowing that Rebekah was here to sign the final papers as she bought the spacious home. "I like it. There's a lot of light, and it's just that perfect mix of old and still looking new. If that makes any sense."

"I'm glad you do." Rebekah said as they came to stand in front of a table in the dining room on which the papers were spread out, a pen ready and waiting for Rebekah to sign. "Because you'll be owning it."

"I'm sorry... I'll be what now?" Emma blanked at that statement, not sure it was properly registering in her mind. Maybe she'd heard Rebekah wrong?

"If the point is to get away from my brother, I can't just buy a house he can enter any time he pleases to." Rebekah pointed out, picking up the pen and handing it over to Emma.

"Because Klaus wouldn't kill me just so he can come in." Emma pointed out, and continued on with more technicalities. "And I wouldn't be living here. What if someone needs to get inside while I'm not around?"

"If I want them inside, I can just call you. And if not, well that's even better then." Rebekah easily rebuffed the technicalities. She seemed entirely convinced in the idea being a good one. But seeing the unconvinced look on Emma's face made her continue. "It's how my family handles most of our properties. Although, usually the humans are compelled."

"You know, this... It wouldn't be a... Permanent solution?" Emma started to point out the fact that someone might not have to kill her to gain entry soon enough. Especially if... Nope, no, she wouldn't think of that. She was just being paranoid. If her father was in town they'd know by now. It was over a week ago that she thought she saw him and since then, nothing else happened.

"Oh, don't worry. Klaus will give up after a few decades anyways." Rebekah either didn't even catch on to what Emma meant, or was completely ignoring it. Making the brunette shake her head as she finally accepted the pen from Rebekah's hand. "And, I spoke to your mother after the funeral, she thinks it's a good idea too."