[61]

As soon as he'd left the Park home, Kol was dialling numbers on his phone. He first tried Rebekah, suspecting he'd have more luck with her. However, his sister's phone kept ringing with no response. He rolled his eyes, wondering whether she was ignoring him for some pointless cause like apologizing to Matt Donovan for the thousandth time. If that turned out to be the case, then damn promises, he'd kill the boy himself.

After a second attempt at calling her, Kol finally gave up on trying to reach for his sister and opted to call his brother next. Elijah would have been his choice before Klaus, his loyalty to those who are loyal to him making Kol certain he'd join him in his task. But sadly, Elijah wasn't there. So Klaus was the only option left. Luckily, he did pick up his phone, and on the first try too.

"Where are you?" Kol questioned, having already started to head in the direction of the mansion in which he expected his brother to be. However, Klaus' reply had Kol changing directions in the blink of an eye.

"I'm at the Salvatore house, and whatever you need Kol, it will have to wait a couple of days. Rebekah and I are leaving town, I've already called the plane." Klaus announced dismissively just as he was heading out of the Boarding House.

"You're going to put your trip on hold." Kol didn't bother with niceties and asking politely. He was either getting his brother to help, or he was doing this on his own. Once Samuel was dead, Emma could scold him for not doing as he said he would.

"Well someone's cranky. Trouble in paradise, little brother?" Klaus taunted, smirking as he listened to his brothers angry breath coming from the other end of the line. "Should I assume Emma's met an untimely demise?"

"Klaus, I do not have time for your taunts." Kol snarled impatiently, not even giving Klaus a chance to begin questioning his reactions. The hybrid knew his brother had a short fuse, but hearing the amount of rage within his voice made Klaus actually stop taunting him for a moment to listen. "I assume you know about Emma's father?"

"Ah, so she finally told the torrid tale." Klaus was back to smirking again, thinking Kol's anger merely stemmed from the fact that he himself hadn't told him. "The whole tale?"

"Yes, Nik, I know she's dying." Kol said, his voice much more strained as he momentarily thought back to that part. No, that was something he'd focus on later. With that he still had some time, but not if they didn't take care of the other problem. "I'm not calling to rip you apart about that. I'm calling because she's in danger."

And Klaus instantly sobered up, amusement entirely gone from his face. "Where are you? Where is she?" Klaus demanded over the phone, ready to run in whichever direction he had to.

"I'm near the Square, heading out of town to the warehouses. I was hoping you'd join me since I promised Emma I wouldn't go kill her father alone?" Kol couldn't miss the shift in his brother, and just based on that he knew he wouldn't have to break his promise to Emma about not going alone.

Kol was expecting Klaus' answer to come over the phone. However, it took only a few seconds before his brother's voice sounded off right next to him. "I would be my pleasure." The murderous gleam was present in full force on Klaus' face. And it was just what Kol wanted to see.

There were no more words spoken between the two as the older brother motioned for Kol to lead the way, and soon enough they set off, running as fast as their vampire speed would allow them. However, only once they reached the warehouses, would they realize their mistake...

"You have him wrapped around your little finger, don't you?" Marissa questioned when she and Emma found themselves alone in the house again. The look on her face seemed to be both impressed and teasing at the same time, making Emma give out a small laugh.