[69]

The first couple of days during Kol and Emma's stay in the Bahamas had been spent exploring Nassau and the New Providence Island. Walking through hidden streets and admiring the corners of the city that remained hidden from ordinary tourists. However, there was one part Emma had been looking forward to quite a lot. And if the boat that was waiting by the dock when Kol led her outside, today seemed to be the day they were getting to do that.

"I'm starting to think I might like this surprise you have planned." Emma smiled up at the man walking next to her, his hand in hers. He smiled down at her, but it was one of those smiles she knew so well by now, one that told her she wasn't guessing nearly half of what he had planned.

"I told you you will, darling." He pointed out, his voice entirely confident and making Emma roll her eyes at his back as he climbed down into the same boat with which they travelled on their first day here. He turned back to her only after she'd done it, extending his hand and helping her climb down as well.

"You know how I feel about surprises and guessing things." Emma pointed out after greeting the familiar captain once she was on board. Expectant eyes turned back to Kol, hoping he'd give in and tell her what he'd planned for the day. But the Mikaelson's lips remained locked shut as the boat set out to sea. "Just a clue, please?"

"Fine, fine." Kol finally relented, pulling her over to sit down on one of the cushioned benches beside him. "We're going to Rose Island." He announced, and with a victorious smirk, Emma pulled out her phone instantly.

"Rose Island. Okay. What does it say about Rose Island?" She mumbled to herself, starting to type the name into the search bar while Kol laughed at her from his own spot.

"You won't find any clues on your Wiki-thing." He teased her, the lack of effort put into saying Wikipedia making Emma burst out laughing in amusement. And while she found it funny, it wasn't enough to discourage her from still looking.

"The island has no formal residential infrastructure or roads. So not some town or anything architectural. Unless its ruins of something that used to be there?" She read off of her phone, glancing at him as she spoke in an attempt to catch any changes on his face. There were none. "The largest mass of the island is made up of a shallow inland lagoon in the centre of the island. A lagoon sounds pretty. And I don't think you're the type for a pineapple plantation tour."

"Emma, I told you, you won't find clues on your device." Kol pried the phone from her hands, laughing at the pouting face she directed at him. "You'll like this surprise, trust me."

"I do trust you." She pointed out, wanting to be clear on that fact. "But I still don't like surprises." Emma added on the most important thing of all, listening to the laugh that followed.

To distract her from her distaste of surprises, Kol started to tell Emma a story about one of the witches he knew during his time in the Caribbean and about some of the magical items which they managed to steal from some of the pirate ships. He told her about the spells they created together and kept records of in one of her grimoires.

"Do you know where any of those things are today?" She asked curiously. Emma already knew that Kol took some of the things he'd gathered here when he went to join his family back in Europe, but she wasn't sure what happened to any of them after he'd been daggered. "Did Klaus keep them for you?"

"I know where they are." Kol smirked, looking pleased with himself, but before Emma could question him on it further, the sound of their Captain calling out caught both of their attention.

The announcement that they'd arrived made Emma look towards the island which had been drawing closer and closer as time passed. However, while she'd noticed some boats lingering on its shores from a distance, the side of the island which they found themselves on now seemed to be entirely empty of all tourists or locals.