[66]

Emma groaned out, earning herself weird looks from all those around her. "No, I'm serious. Please tell me you're kidding? Because I've had enough murderous assholes in the last twenty four hours. And I'm also not too happy to find out you're still alive."

She knew that she should probably be more like April, more scared, but at this particular moment, Emma couldn't really bring herself to that point. She just wanted to get out of there and not waste her precious time on this damn fool. She had places to be and things to do.

"Sit down!" Connor growled out at them, pushing Jeremy into one of the chairs which Matt had set up before Emma's arrival.

April was the first to comply, her face full of fear and confusion as she took a seat at the table with Jeremy who didn't really bother getting up. Matt came next, more hesitant and keeping his wary eyes glued to the hunter. With the three humans sitting at the table, Connor's threatening glare focused on Emma.

"Ugh, fine. Make it quick, please." She groaned out, pulling out the chair next to Jeremy and slumping down in it. At least she had her coffee to occupy her time. And, if she were being honest, mind running along the layout of the Grill, already trying to figure out a way to get out, wasn't too bad of a distraction.

"How are you so calm?" Matt questioned her quietly while Connor started moving around the place, lowering blinds and covering up and views out the windows or doors.

"Because, we're hostages. Not targets." Emma said clearly. Connor was a vampire hunter. She could see the plan even when it hasn't actually been revealed yet. They were here, well, Matt and Jeremy were here to lure the town's vampires into a daring rescue mission which would end up with them dead.

"Give me your phones." Connor came back to them rather quickly, waving his knife around in a threatening manner. Once again, April's fear made her the easiest to control. But Matt and Jeremy weren't far behind her, knowing resistance was the stupider course. "Phone, now." Connor instructed, hand turning to Emma expectantly.

"Yeah, sure. Just let me jump home and grab the molten plastic real quick." Emma quipped back with a roll of her eyes. "I don't have it dude, you can check." She announced, turning out the pockets of her jacket for emphasis. Although, mentioning it was molten seemed to do enough of a trick.

"At least let April go. She doesn't have anything to do with this." Jeremy tried to persuade the hunter. They all knew while Matt and Jeremy were bait for the Salvatores and Tyler, Emma not so much, but they couldn't claim the same for her as they did April.

"She has everything to do with this." Connor said ominously. "Her and her father. Plus, she and I have history." He continued on, making April grow more and more confused. The poor girl was out of her mind with fear, unable to understand that this wasn't as simple as a random guy gone mad.

"What are you talking about? I've never seen you before in my life." She tried to question him, but instead of giving her answers, Connor just ensured she had even more questions.

"Well, you kids need to get some vervain. And don't just wear it as a bracelet where anybody can just take it off." Connor started to say, and Emma decided she'd antagonised him enough for a little while so she didn't point out that the council blew itself up with it. And it seemed distasteful too, in April's presence. "Maybe then you'd remember our conversation at the hybrid's yesterday." The hunter added on, pointing to the bracelet tied around Jeremy's wrist and making the boy's brows furrow.

"Our conversation? Are you saying someone compelled me?!" Jeremy questioned in a demanding tone, eyes glancing between both the hunter but also Emma. The girl could only shrug her shoulders, she actually didn't know what the hell Connor was talking about. "Do you know anything about this?" He still felt the need to ask her specifically.