79. BLUEBERRY?

KYLE

They were standing in front of a dingy building, and I wondered if they were really even safe if they lived here. It didn't look so. Gracy was wearing a shabby blue dress, while her son, whose name I learnt later on was Peter, wore relatively better clothes. I took a guess at where Gracy was spending her savings on.

I parked just beside them and got out of the car, trying to put a pleasant smile on my face. "Kaea had something urgent come up." I announced the first thing.

Kaea desperately wanted to come. Today was also her orientation at BayView, so I told her to do the thing she needed to go. Gracy wasn't going to run away just because Kaea wasn't here.... Right?

She narrowed her eyes at me, but let it go. She nudged her son towards me. "That's your cousin. Kyle. Remember, I told you about him?"

Then it hit me that this little kid actually had a relation with me. I grinned at him. "Hi, Peter."

I noticed her was bigger than normal human kids of his size, and one check at his insides would have assured me that he definitely got a fair share of his father's genes. With hybrid kids, it was always a gamble. They might get something. They might entirely skip it. A lot of human kids were then randomly born with thick hair, or unusually strong muscles or bones, or surprisingly good sight- all thanks to one of their ancestors getting naughty with our kind. We all had human blood in us too, considering there were only 13 werewolves at the beginning. It would have gotten a little too incestuous for all our tastes if we had started chasing 'pure-bloods'.

Thank god for that.

"Hi." Peter replied to me. "Mom, where are we going? Annie said-"

"It is only for a couple days, baby. Kyle here needs our help." Gracy replied, and Peter turned to me. I nodded.

"I do need your help very much. I will buy you an ice cream after."

And slowly, Peter revealed a smile. "Blueberry?"

"Sure thing." And this time Gracy smiled as well.

"Please get in." I asked them, as I held the door open. It was a 6 hour drive, so we stopped twice for some snack cause one time I was hella hungry, and the other time Peter was. When I reached back home, I was surprised to find Kaea sitting with my mom and dad.

She glared at me.

"How was the orientation?" I asked.

"I didn't go." She smirked. She noticed my exasperated expression and gave me a smug look. "That's what you get for not listening to me." She saw Gracy and Peter behind me, and her expression lit up. "Gracy, hi."

"Hey." Gracy said shyly, and as my mother and father greeted her, I pulled Kaea out of the room. Grasping her waist, I kissed her. All pretense of anger went right out of her. "It was a 12 hour drive. Your father would have drilled me alive if you had skipped it on my account."

She snorted. "Yeah, he isn't too warm on you right now."

"Nor is your mother."

"They will be fine. They are just pissed."

I groaned. "I cannot say I blame them."

She laughed. "They will see what I see soon enough."

"And what do you see?" I asked, thirsting for the information.

But she just smirked. "Later. Gracy is here."

And she quickly unwrapped my hands, and went inside. After a little get-to-know each other session, I finally opened the doors to the real matter. "We need you to just testify against Uncle. It won't even be with a lot of people present. You have full right to privacy, and only need to talk to the Gamma, and someone else who will be standing as a witness of your statement."