84. TOO MANY DAYS

KAEA

It has been a week since I have seen him. And my heart was aching like never before.

College had been fantastic, Alisha was doing engineering but we always tried to meet for lunch. She was spunky and always at ease with herself. I had made some new friends as well, and the courses were easy for now, but I knew they were going to get hard.

But the toughest thing this week was adjusting. To not be able to see Lee, my parents, even Mason, Abigail, Jacob, Sarah. To not be able to see him. We talked. My parents video called me every night, and so did Lee. But Kyle had been incredibly busy. We talked once, but even that had to be cut short. I wasn't an idiot, I knew just how difficult it was for him, and I wanted to be there to help him. I had been feeling incredibly guilty this whole week.

But tonight he was coming to meet me. I grinned staring into space. Alisha would be out at some party for hours, and we would have the whole room to ourselves. I had cleaned and tidied it up, cooked whatever I could as a college student, kept bottles of beer and coke (for me) ready.

We could have gone out, but the week had been so tiring that the weekends demanded a bit of chill.

Somebody knocked at my door, and I jumped from the bed, opening it.

"Hey-" Alisha raised an eyebrow. "Have I disappointed you in some way?"

"Uhm... no. What are you doing here though?" I asked, trying to straightened my features into something more pleasant.

"It was a little chilly outside, so I wanted my thicker jacket. Don't worry. I will be out of here in a jiffy." She looked around the room. "Wow. Your boyfriend is coming, isn't he?" She asked, grinning widely.

"Yeah..."

"Enjoy!" She picked up her jacket, and went out, as I checked the time. He was running almost 15 minutes late. The knocks sounded again, and who could it have been but her? She must have forgotten something else. Tired, I went back to opening the door.

Kyle looked at me with a lazy smile. "Hi- Wow, you don't seem very happy to see me."

I kissed him deeply, closing the door behind us. "Hi to you too."

"Ah, somebody missed me." He said, coming behind me.

"Don't let it get to your head."

He looked at my pyjamas in confusion. "You're not ready?" He looked at me, a little confused.

"I thought we could just stay in the room for today. I don't wanna be around other people right now. Is it okay? We can go if you want to."

"Oh, no." He slumped into my bed. "I am too tired, I am glad you said it."

"So... what movie would you like to watch?" I asked, snuggling against him.

He thought about it. "Tenet?"

I made a face at him. "I thought you wanted to relax!" I sighed. "What about... Knight and Day?"

When he just stared at me, I sighed. "Harry Potter?"

A small smile appeared on his lips. "You know, I haven't seen that movie since the first time I saw it with you."

"What?" I asked, confused. "I thought you loved it."

"I did." He said. "But... I hated you. And it reminded me too much of you."

I raised my eyebrows. "That was so stupid."

"I know. I wasn't very smart, you know." He grinned. "From the start?"

"Aye, Alpha."

Just as we were about to start Chamber of Secrets, Kyle said. "That was much better than I remember it being."