10. WHO DAT?

Jacob was fast. You know, like Internet Explorer. Six days later, during which I avoided Kyle so much that I think he stopped existing, he met me in the coffee shop again.

"Well, I do have a friend, his name's Andrew, and I have talked to him, and sent him your photo-"

"I really don't think that's how you do it." I sniffed.

"-and he thinks you're hot. So, yeah, he is a really nice dude, twenty, but hasn't found his mate yet, and so has turned to casual sex for some...respite." Jacob grinned. "You'll love him."

"Please don't tell me you just told him I want to have sex." I was scared of his answer.

"Of course, not, I said, 'Hey! Are you still looking for someone to date? I know this really pretty girl who is available and she is my mate's best friend, and I think she is very cool, and you'll love her company'. See, I am not a total failure." Jacob pushed his phone towards me so I could see the guy's picture. "Here's he. Handsome, eh?"

He really was. He had light brown hair gelled to the side, and extremely beautiful gray eyes. He carried an easy smile, and I could see myself with him, which was pretty unusual. During these three days, I had tried out exclusive werewolf dating sites, careful not to choose anyone from school. The two dates I went to were absolute disasters, the guys had no manners, nothing in common, one tried to force himself on me, so I kicked him in the nuts, and then broke his finger.

Don't judge me, he deserved that.

"He's nice." I commented, giving him the phone back. "He wouldn't mind that I am not ultra-feminine, right?"

"Of course, not. In fact, he's probably gonna love that. He's an outdoor junkie."

"I am not an 'outdoor junkie' either. I am just not very feminine." I muttered.

"Look, K, you're gonna be fine. Just rock his world." Lee commented, nodding her head.

I rolled my eyes at her. "Yes, Lee, I wouldn't be a good girl if I don't do that, would I?"

She looked at me in a way only best friends can, the 'Naughty Naughty' expression. And, then we all laughed.

"When's the date?"

"Your wish."

"Ask him if he's free tomorrow. Yeah, Café Hills-view, would be good."

"It's a date!" Jacob smiled, typing a quick text on his phone.

The next day, I skipped school, which was such a relief, because I didn't have to play Hide n Seek with Kyle, and not have the urge to follow his scent to Neverland. Around 6, when I started getting ready for my date, Lee called me.

"Heya, girl. How's it a-going?" She asked in a sing-song voice.

"Just getting ready."

"Whatcha wearing?" I could hear it as she took a bite of some fruit.

"Remember my peach off-shoulder top? That and simple jeans." I opened my hair from the bun and then started side-plaiting my hair.

"Hmm...sounds good. You know what sounds better?"

"What?" I asked curiously.

"Kyle going crazy when he couldn't trace you in the school today. He looked buzzed from head to  toe. Everybody was asking him why he was acting so weird, but he totally evaded those questions. I knew, obviously." She took another bite.

"It might be something else."

"It wasn't, babe, trust me. I know the signs. He wanted you there. That fucktard."

"Lee, I really don't care." Liar, liar.

"Yeah, I am sorry. I shouldn't be talking about this just before your date."

"Yeah, I have to get going now. I have to meet him at 7."

"Give me all the details when you get back, K."

"Sure thing. Bye."

I was debating on wearing a bracelet, when something hit my window. I heard a splash and then laughter.

Shit. My parents weren't home today, one of the reasons I wanted to go on a date today. I peeked outside through my curtains, just as another hit came on my window.

Four guys and a girl were standing outside my window, throwing eggs at my window. Well, they would've thrown rocks if this wasn't the Beta's home.

I didn't have to look closely to know that one of the guys was Kyle.

Fuck this.

_____________________________

Kaea has some rotten luck. As an author, I am enjoying this so much lol.

In the media box is "I gotta feeling - The Black Eyed Peas" I feel like this is perfect for Kaea's mindset, before the chapter end lol

K R Y S T L E