1. THE BEGINNING

"Kaea!" A voice behind me shrieked. Turning, I saw a red-haired girl rushing towards me. "Stop!" She shouted.

I sighed. Why couldn't I go to school without attracting everybody's attention? Why?

"Lee, we are in the same class. And it is literally 5 minutes away. Why did you have to shout?" I asked her midst the gall of snickers and laughter that surrounded me.

A girl pointed to my pink T-shirt and laughed.

That was really not cool coming from someone like her, who had her hair dyed almost the same colour.

I ignored her but became smaller, not having the courage to say these words out loud. Lee spun to see who had been laughing, and gripped my arms tight. We walked out of there but from a side glance I could her giving the finger to everybody left behind in the hall.

As we took our seats in the hall, the front ones, I asked her, "How are you so..."

"...Awesome?" She finished for me. Laughing, I shook my head. "Yes, that too. But I was going to ask, bold?"

She juggled her pen between her fingers, finally scratching her head full of short red hair. "It's not like you can't be..."

I rolled my eyes. "But I am not."

"See, the thing is," she turned to totally face me. "It's not that I am not scared. I am. But then I have this streak in me, that just says I don't deserve this. Yes, I know you have it too. But I don't only think I don't deserve this, I also think, You deserve this."

Looking at me expectedly, she raised her eyebrows. "You got what I meant, right?"

I shrugged. "It does kind of make sense."

Her lips curled to one side, and she nodded. Lee always hated it when I didn't take my stand.

Even I hated it.

Laughter and hoots sounded our ears as the doors opened and a large group of people entered. Leading them was Kyle Kovich, the son of our alpha. He looked handsome as always, dark hair, brown eyes, strong jaw, one ear pierced. Perfect body, straight nose.

He looked more like a god, then a werewolf to be honest. I hated him.

Not because he was handsome, that was a delight to our eyes, but his jerkiness and his cockiness got to each and every one of us who was not in his 'Elite group'. Also, because it seemed he hated me more than I hated him.

We were all too shabby, too low for him. We didn't all like greek gods unlike all of his friends. Too plain, too simple, like dust.

I loathed him.

It didn't help that all his friends were, and mostly even him, took turns torturing me. They had made my school life absolute hell.

They were the popular group, and just like every popular group, everybody hated them. Makes you wonder how the hell did they become popular at the first place.

The sad thing was, as soon as I had arrived, half the girls on that clique had taken a passionate hatred for me. I don't know what it was. Maybe I just wasn't what they expected a Beta's daughter to be.

Well, can't do much about that.

Especially Abigail Morten, the highest level of bitchiness had been long ascended by her. And she made sure that she insulted me at least once everyday.

It was like her food or something.

I hated her even more.

The only two things she seemed to do all day were lounging all over Kyle like he was a couch, or ridicule other people.

As soon as they entered the class, Abigail clinging to Kyle's arm as he flirted with some other girl- I don't even know how that worked- I tensed up. I knew something was coming my way.

"Oh, look! It's Little Miss Pink from Ponyland." Ah! A jab. Everybody guffawed and grinned. I kept quiet, staring into my notebook. I should say something. I know. But I just couldn't. My mouth wouldn't open, it was as if it was sewed shut.

God, I not only hated confrontations, I was scared of them. I wanted to be in the shadows, and keeping quiet had become a habit. Not for Lee, though.

"Yes, well that is rich coming from Little Miss Plastic from Fakeland." Lee pointed towards Abigail's breasts. I hid a smile.

"Whatever, Day, I was not talking to you." Abigail flipped her hair, huffing.

"Oh you wouldn't dare." Lee said quietly. The whole group, consisting also of other packs' alpha's and beta's kids, occupied the last 15 or so seats.

"Thanks, Lee." I nudged her with my elbows.

She grinned but soon it faded. "You could have said something, you know?"

I know, I know I could. "It's hard for me." I twirled my hair around my pen, not realizing it would get hopelessly tangled.

She slapped my hand away, and came close to take out the pen from my hair. "Kaea, it's like stage-fright. You will have to get over it to be anywhere. Dear God, what the hell were you doing with this pen. Come here..."

Abigail saw the opportunity, and took it. "It's the lesbian couple, everyone. Kaea and Lee. You look just perfect together."

A few of the actual lesbian couples heard, and they were not pleased. After all, Abigail was using their sexual orientation as a means of insult. As if it could be an insult.

"Well, at least we pay attention to each other." She steered her hand towards Kyle. "Unlike some."

I couldn't help it, I laughed out loud. Abigail looked as if Lee had hit too close home.

I saw Kyle, his back had become tensed. He turned around, a lowkey amused look on his face. "That might be because we are not a couple." Behold, deep voice. It was like he was a character out of all the trashy novels I had ever read.

It was a double slap, both to Abigail and Lee, but Lee knew how to take it in stride. "Really, Kyle? I wonder why did Abigail always imply that?"

He raised his eyebrows and looked at Abigail. Her shrieks were worse than fire alarms. "I DO NOT!" She looked around for support but saw the grin coming onto Kyle's face.

Picking up her books, she left the room. Apparently too embarrassed. Oh the warmth that spread through my heart at that thought.

"Even if she could, she wouldn't be able to. Hard with your 'boyfriend' sleeping with every girl on campus." I thought I had been low.

But apparently not, I turned around to see the expression on everybody's faces, if they were laughing or not at Abigail's tantrum, when I felt a hot gaze on me.

Kyle's eyes burned into me. I guess he had heard.

Well, shit. 

_________________________________________

Hullo! Here is the first chapter! I hope you loved reading it as much as I loved writing it. I am planning to have a lot of character development for Kaea, and don't you just love Lee?

Also in the media box is "Baby one more time" by Britney Spears. I feel like it kindaaaaa goes with this chapter... Lol.

Please vote, comment, and share if you liked this! 

I love you all so much!!!

K R Y S T L E