69. PARTAYY

KAEA

Maybe it wasn't the best idea to be in this party. Kyle and I were surrounded by couples either in love, or unproblematically falling in love. Could you believe it? A healthy, happy relationship right off the bat?

I almost started laughing maniacally when we floated in the swimming pool, and these 6 were doing sexy/cute couple things as the sexiest fucking song of Beyoncé played on the speakers. And Kyle was taking laps and I was sunbathing on a floating beanbag. Somehow it was sad and funny at the same time.

We had played a couple of games, and they kept it pretty low with the physical stuff. It honestly felt more like a self-care day than a party day but with all the drama, we kind of deserved it.

I looked at Kyle. Was I in love with him? No. But...

I got out of the beanbag and walked towards Kyle. Or where he would come out after finishing this lap. I kneeled down just as he came out. He blinked twice, surprised. The water slid from his hair to his skin and holy fuck. I was burning in regions I don't care to name.

This was also the first time we were interacting directly today.

I gathered my courage. "The giant wheel?" He deflated a bit, and I could kiss him. I never realized hunka-hunka sexy Kyle could be adorable. But he could and it was so bizarre and perfect.

"Yes?" He asked, expecting me to ask something work-related. Which it was, kind of.

"It's going to go out tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah. Did Mason say it changed again?"

"No." My mouth was dry. "Well, it's functioning tonight, right?"

He nodded but didn't say anything. He wasn't a fool. Just come out with it, Kaea.

"Would you..." I tried to be casual about it. "You know, we could go there tonight and just you know... like sit in it. We didn't get to do it." There was an awkward pause and I could feel myself dying inside.

"The whole group?"

This time, I deflated. "No, Kyle. Just the... the two of us, obviously." I mumbled.

"Are you asking me out?" He smirked.

I wanted to smack this cheeky bastard right in the face. "Yes, genius." I rolled my eyes.

"What if you murder me?" He asked, his eyes gleaming with humor.

I bit my lips hard to keep myself from laughing. "Then, I will take an oath."

He widened his eyes comically. "But-"

I took his hands. "I solemnly swear I will not murder you." The touch sent electricity up my arms, and I could not bear it any longer. But I had to.

"Please be there," I said, a little breathless.

"You're not going to pick me up?" He was so close to me, I could feel his breath as he whispered that. I felt a little drunk. I pulled myself back, feeling like I just tortured myself. One kiss was alright, right? I could kiss him casually without feeling like earth tilted, and seeing stars. Just something.

That was the thing. I couldn't do anything with him casually. It was either nothing or everything. I knew it like I knew earth revolved around the sun. I knew like it was one of the only truths I knew about myself. With him, one step meant a hundred.

And I was taking that one step.

I touched his cheek and jaw instead. "No," I said, cheekily, trying to break the sexual tension, but it remained palpable in the air until Lee shouted. "Kaea! Let's go."

Sarah was staring at us, an eyebrow raised, and a smile that said everything. Lee held the same expression. These girls, I swear.

Kyle got out of the pool, and I had to stop myself from doing a double-take because Goddess, have mercy on me. There is only so much I can do to keep myself from drooling.

Abigail was waiting for us near the gate. Lee looked at her and Andrew, and a mischievous gleam twinkled in her eyes. "You want a copy of Kamasutra?"

Abigail looked at her, a little stunned. I tried to control the bubble of laughter rising from within me.

"I- what?" She stuttered.

"Kamasutra. Condoms. Lubes. The whole honeymoon package."

Abigail blushed and this time we were shocked. Abigail never blushed. "I- no."

She rushed to the car, and Lee and I looked at each other. We walked after her, and I grabbed her arm lightly. "Hey, you... okay?"

"Yeah. Yeah. Totally."

"Just say you are nervous. You are not doing a good job of hiding it." Lee muttered. I shrugged. Lee usually softened her words, but I often felt she had never quite forgiven Abigail. Which was understandable.

Abigail looked down, wincing. Then she looked at me. "I have only had sex with one person."

Oh. Yeah. Right.

Lee looked a little alarmed. "Was he that bad?"

"No!" She looked incredulously at Lee. Then she looked at me. I wasn't sure what my face was doing but I knew it was beyond my control. It felt frozen, kind of like my mind. I was trying to not think about the actual implication of her words.

"I shouldn't discuss this with you." She mumbled.

And she was absolutely right. But no, like the weird masochist that I am, I told her, "No, you can say it. It's all in the past anyway."

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Yeah, yeah. Totally." I said, and Lee looked at me with narrowed eyes.

"Okay." It didn't take a lot to convince her. "Well, we kind of did it a little... rough." She said, and I didn't know whether I should laugh or cry. Lee knew though, she burst out laughing.

"Kyle likes it rough? Who would have guessed." She composed herself and said it with a straight face, words laced with sarcasm.

"Well, he could be gentle. But I felt like when he was having sex-" Bile rose up into my throat. "-he was just having sex. And now I am used to that." She looked at my horrified face. "I did ask you."

Kyle likes it rough. Kyle likes it rough. Kyle likes it rough. Kyle...

I looked at him and he looked at me, with a sort of hunger in his eyes that was difficult to ignore. My heart felt like it would beat out of my chest, and my blood felt hot. I knew I was flushed all over. I took a deep breath. And then another, then another, then-

"Okay, and?" Lee asked on my behest. Abigail glanced at me but went on, while my mind reeled. I tried to focus on what she was saying.

"-and Andrew is such a gentleman. I mean he is so sweet and so gentle. What if I do something totally weird and it just freaks him out?" She actually did look pretty scared about that.

Lee sighed. "Kyle-" she looked at me with raised eyebrows "-and you were just having sex. As cringy as it sounds, I am pretty sure you and Andrew will treat each other with love. Just don't try to force him into anything, and let things happen naturally. And, uh-" Her mouth was twisted as if she didn't like what she had to say next. "Don't use Kamasutra right now."

I laughed. And so did Abigail. 

_______________________________________

Hey guys! Hope you liked this chapter.

In the media box, you'll find, "Feel It Still by Portugal the Man". Don't listen to the lyrics, they don't make sense. But the song is so. much. fun.

K R Y S T L E