7. HUGS AND TEARS

I was crying silently in an abandoned classroom when Lee found me. "K?!" She quickly closed the door, and came to sat with me. "K, what happened?!" She held my face, and wiped my tears away. "K, look at me. What happened?"

"Kyle is my mate." I said in a monotone.

"WHAT?! Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. That is-that's just," she searched my face, "Did he reject you, K?"

"No."

"Then why..?"

So I told her the whole thing.

"Oh no. Oh my god." She said faintly. I looked over in concern, I had never heard her voice like that.

"You okay, Lee?" I asked.

"You are asking me that?" She came over and hugged me, patting my hair, which was easy since we were both almost the same height. "K, I don't even know what to say..."

"You can say you're proud I held up on my own." She might think I was trying to find humor in this situation, but I desperately needed some kind words after Kyle's harsh ones.

"Of course, I am, you big dumbo." She was crying and laughing at the same time, just like me. She held my face as she made me face her again. "I am so fucking proud of you."

I smiled through my tears, no matter how cheesy it was.

"But for real, K, what're you going to do?"

"I want to reject him, but if he never accepts it, my wolf will think it is my fault that this whole thing didn't work out." I sighed.

"She's in your brain, K, wouldn't she understand." Lee asked, even though I knew she already knew the answer to that.

"She is me, Lee. But she is me as an animal. There's nothing more important to her than survival and the advancement of her species. And she only wants to do it with one other." I knew it, especially considering that my wolf was the most stubborn assbutt I knew of.

"Look- don't be mad, now- but what if you accept-"

"NO." I said loudly. "Lee, this is the guy who got the whole school to throw eggs at me, who has spread rumors that only Satan could think of, he is the guy who beat up every guy who asked me out, so that I would have no one. He didn't let anyone be my friend, and by some miracle, you came along, he would have driven me to suicide, Lee. And he would have been happy about it. In fact, if I was jumping over a building, he would make a video and post it on YouTube for kicks."

"The last sentence is most of the human population right now, K, let's be real."

I smiled a bit. "You know what I mean. Kyle is my nightmare, Lee, he is everything I don't want. In fact, when we were kids-" I stopped, already knowing I had said too much.

Lee frowned. "You knew each other as kids?"

Great, Kaea, give yourself three stabs on the back for that. "...Yeah."

"How come you never told me about it?" She didn't sound angry, just confused.

"Well, it happened 10 to 12 years ago, Lee. I just wanted to forget that this guy and me had some moderately good times." I put my head in my hands.

"What happened?" She sat crisscrossed, her chin resting on both her hands.

"Well, he was the son of the Alpha, and I was the daughter of the Beta, and so of course, everybody was trying that we create some sort of bond, because everyone thought I'd be his Beta, you know?

"Anyways, Kyle was, sorta fun actually. He wasn't a very open person, but he wasn't a jerk, either. We used to hangout, as our parents did. He was never impolite to me, but I always got the impression he didn't want to be with me.

"There was this one month, where the Alpha and the Luna had to go out of town for business, so Kyle came to stay with us. I was trying hard to be his friend. And he and I quickly became so close. He...he and I promised- we would be friends forever. And then his uncle came to visit. He didn't exactly have a place to stay, so he stayed with us.

"And then I-" I gulped. "Our whole pack used to live in a different district, remember?" I stopped. I couldn't say anything, any further.

"K?"

"I don't know what happened, Lee, two days later, Kyle was...not himself anymore. It started out slow, but his antics got worse every time. He was a monster, Lee, a monster."

There was long moment of silence. Lee finally picked up both of her bags. "Let's go, K."

I reached home, trying to avoid Kyle the whole day. It wasn't easy, our school campus wasn't very big, and I kept think I saw his dark head everywhere.

I skipped dinner, my stomach was doing too many things, and started getting ready to sleep. Just as I lay down, I had an overwhelming amount of pain in my lower abdomen. I cried out, but then put my hand on my mouth (I was doing that too much nowadays) to stop me from crying out loud.

I clutched my bed sheet tightly, tears escaping my eyes. I almost wanted to laugh. At least there was one promise Kyle kept-to give me pain.

And what a way had he chosen to do it.

He was having sex with someone else. 

____________________________________________

Well, I don't like Kyle but he has got his reasons...

In the media box is "Breathe Me-Sia". I legit couldn't find any song to fit this chapter. I hope this works though.

Please vote, comment, share and follow :) It helps a lot.

K R Y S T L E