22. A GIFT OF CHOICE

KYLE

"Have you seen Abigail?" I asked from Mason.

He stopped kissing his mate, Sarah, who also turned at the sound of my voice. Her brown hair tumbled, and instantly reminded me of Kaea, and how soft her hair felt in my hands yesterday. I shook my head to force the picture off my mind.

She pierced me with her green eyes, and then smiled. "It's her birthday today, right?"

I shifted on my feet. "Yeah." I had texted her today morning, wishing her, but she hadn't replied. Was it possible she was still angry with me?

It had never happened.

"We talked this morning, but she needed some time alone. Went into the girls' washroom." Sarah told me. She stared at me with a look that said she knew more about me than I did, and it was starting to piss me off.

I nodded. "Thanks."

I stood outside the girls' washroom, and as a girl with short blond hair walked out, I walked up to her. "Hey."

She hadn't noticed me, and jumped when she heard my voice. With a hand on her heart, she looked at me. "Oh my god. Hey, hi." She gulped.

She was understandably nervous- I had never seen this girl, and I was going to be the alpha.

"Sorry I scared you, is Ka- err- Abigail in there?"

She looked back at the washroom gate, and nodded. "Is there anybody else in there?"

She looked at me like she knew exactly why I was asking this question. I wanted to roll my eyes. She shook her head. "No."

"Thanks."

I stepped inside the girls' washroom as the girl looked in horror, eyes wide.

Abigail was standing against the sink, her back to the mirrors. She lifted her gaze to see who had come, and stood up straight in surprise.

"What are you doing here...?"

"You could have at least replied to my text."

"I was going to, just not right away. I needed some...time."

Two days weren't enough for her? I had not called her, texted her, anything to give her exactly that- space. But it came through my mind that it was her birthday today, and pissing her off more was probably not a good idea.

"Anyways- Happy Birthday."

I opened my arms to give her a hug, and she smiled sadly, and came in for it.

"So what gift do you want?" I asked, genuinely.

She chewed on her lip, and looked up at me through her lashes. "Do you promise to give me anything I ask?"

"Anything within my power."

"Oh, this is within your power."

I narrowed my eyes, suspicious. It was never good when someone asked something like this. But, I had to make it up to her, one way or another. After a heavy pause, I said, "Alright."

"Humiliate Kaea for me."

My mouth went dry. I tried to laugh it off. "Come on, Abi. What kind of a birthday gift is that?" I was still chuckling when she looked me in the eyes seriously.

"I am not joking."

She put her hands around my neck, standing close to me. "Humiliate her, it shouldn't be too difficult for you. You have been doing it all your life."

She was right, I looked down, she was right. I could do it. This wasn't difficult at all.

"I have an idea." She whispered.

Her ideas are probably going to be even worse than mine. "No, I can do it all on my own." I forced a smile.

"No, no. I want you to do what I want."

"What?" I forced out.

She looked me deep in the eyes, staring deep. "Well, nothing would humiliate Kaea more than publically...giving you a lap dance, right? Maybe even make her strip her."

My heart beat faster. I tried to calm down. Was she serious?

"I don't think-"

"I know you can think of reasons why she would be persuaded to give you that."

"That's not-"

"Kyle, this is what I want. Can you give it to me?"

I paused heavily. It was her birthday today, a normal person wouldn't think of anyone else except their mate. But somehow, Abigail knew she wasn't going to find hers. Somehow, she knew she was going to be with me.

And I never thought I would, but after Kaea turned eighteen, Abigail and me seemed perfectly plausible.

But I didn't want to do it. I didn't want to do anything that involved her. I didn't want her to give me a lap dance. I especially didn't want her to strip publically. Everything I had done, on one level or another, had been less.

This would destroy her.

But that is what I wanted, right?

Grimly, I nodded. Sadly, Abigail smiled.

____________________________________
Kyle is just very very confused about his feelings. As he has always been.

In the media box, you'll find- "idk love - Jeremy Zucker". You should check out the rest of his songs, they are pretty good. I try to find perfect songs but it can be a hit or a miss. This one goes pretty well with the situation.

K R Y S T L E