9. JERKS AND BITCHES

"Lee, do you think- do you think moving on, dating other guys, it's gonna be better?" We were sitting in our first class, and thankfully Kyle wasn't with me.

She looked at me for a long time. "It can't hurt to try."

I knew what she really wanted to say was- 'Now, K, I am pretty sure that it is not going to work, and Kyle's grip is going to be on you forever, and you will die sad, and alone.' Just maybe not as harsh.

"Where are you gonna find guys, though, K? Werewolves rarely date, they have the assurance of mates after all." She chewed on her lip. "I can ask Jacob if he knows someone..."

"Well, there are rejected werewolves. There are ones whose mates have died. I will even settle for casual sex with werewolves who haven't found their mates yet..." I droned.

Lee gave me a look of such incredulity that I frowned in annoyance. "What?"

"Now, K, I am not against casual sex or anything, even though as a werewolf, that idea is...unsettling. But, really, I never pitched you as the kind of person who would be up for it." She was still staring at me as if I had suddenly turned into a garden gnome.

"Well, Lee, I have to get Kyle out of my system, I don't care how it is..."

"Yes, of course." She was still not up for it.

"I can't believe you are prejudiced against casual sex." I monotoned.

"I am trying, K! I am not perfect."

I snorted. "What?! You are not? Tell that to Jacob."

We were laughing in a weirdly subdued manner, when fucking Abigail came along. "Girls, girls, girls. Laughing at yourself, I see."

Lee was about to say something but I held her hand. "We don't really need to laugh at ourselves, when you provide enough comic relief for all of us."

Lee was smiling such a smug smile, that I had to control my laughter.

Abigail sneered at the both of us. "Well, you won't be laughing much when I would be your new Luna, would you?"

Yeah, that quickly wiped the smile off my face.

"Oh, is that a continuation to your 'Kyle is my boyfriend' fantasy?" Lee said, and several people in the room sniggered.

"No, actually let me tell you something. Last night-"

What?

"-Kyle and I were getting drunk, and he told me that he doesn't like his mate, he has rejected her, and so he needs a new Luna. And then-"

Her voice dropped to a conspirational whisper. "-we had sex."

Punch. I could imagine it so clearly, for a second, I thought I actually punched her. I wanted to tear this girl down, bite her head off, even though she was clearly not at fault.

But, well, animalistic, I told ya.

Instead I smiled sarcastically, "Congratulations, Abigail, you and Kyle are going to be perfect for each other. You know, if he stops screwing other girls."

She huffed and left us alone after that. But, it didn't matter. Even unintentionally, she had done the damage. I could hear my heart thudding, my wolf whimpering, my resolve strengthening. Maybe damage wasn't all she did.

"You talk to Jacob, Lee."

______________________________

This chapter is so short and I am so sorry. But hey, at least, Kaea finally stood up to Abigail.

In the media box is "Million Dollar Bills- Lorde" Pretty catchy, right?

XOXO

K R Y S T L E