36. THESE FEELINGS?

"How was today?" Lee jumped on my bed. "I missed you so much. School is hell."

My mouth twitched. "I don't think I can make it tomorrow either."

She held up her head on her elbow, and scowled at me. "Why?"

"Well, Kyle and I-"

"You have to work with that dipshit?" She groaned.

"Yeah, it's not as bad as you might think- don't make that face. Anyways, he said sorry. And I don't think he is going to go all sadistic on me. He seemed... at least a bit regretful."

And it seemed to increase more and more as time passed. He hadn't tried anything like he used to. I was beginning to change my mind about him, and that scared the shit out of me.

It was an abyss I didn't want to look in, nobody knew what I would find, least of all me.

"Really? Well, that is definitely better. What are you working on now?"

"Finances of the pack."

"Oh." She said. Her family was one of the poorer ones, and everyday had been a struggle for them. "Well, that's not as interesting as I thought it would be."

"Well according to out Alpha and Beta, even more and unity and loyalty, money is important. Because it was keeps things running."

"I don't disagree. I just never thought..." She chewed her lip. "Well, that people that big would have to worry about that."

I blinked. Another thing I was lucky about.

"So you're not going to come to school? What about Andrew?"

I shrugged. "I think I can make it to graduation day. Andrew, I don't know. He is asking if I can meet him tomorrow, after the training."

"So? You gonna go?"

"Yeah. I will just tell him that I don't think it can work between us."

"What the fuck, Kaea?" She surveyed me. "Are you... developing feelings for Kyle?"

"No! No. I don't think I am ready for any relationship right now."

She nodded. "Be gentle."

"I will."

***

Morning came like a hurricane. I had only two hours of sleep and then I was running on two cups of coffee.

My father told me to shift, and I did. Thankfully. I wasn't sure what was going on between me and my wolf. My mother gave us both small bags with out clothes in it, and off we went.

As I ran, my vision improved, my hearing impeccable, my heart racing as the wind blew- the only thing I could think about was how much I didn't want to lose this.

Maybe I should ask Kyle to reject me again.

He didn't yesterday. Why? What possible reason could he have to do that?

But I knew that even if he did, I would need to heal by myself first. This was not a time for relationships. And as great a guy as Andrew was, I wasn't sure if he could help me with rejection. He wouldn't know the pain.

And I wouldn't want to be a burden on him.

When we reached the building, I went inside the girls' room, and my father went inside the male's. We both came out, and then he sent me running to the library, reminding me that today was the day Kyle and I had to come up with the plans.

We were early, so I took my own merry time to reach the library, peeking into rooms. To my utter surprise, Kyle sat there, files spread onto the table, a pen in his hands. Sunlight shone inside the room, illuminating the back and side of his head.

"You're late." He said as a way of greeting.

"I think you are just very early."

He checked his watch, and then frowned.

"How long have you been here?"

"Since 4.30."

Wow. Dedicated.

"Not really. I just couldn't sleep."

What the heck was this where I spoke my thoughts out loud whenever I was near him?

I sat down, taking the files underneath his hand. He froze.

I snatched them quickly and got to work. No need to prolong the moment.

He was still staring at me.

"What?" I asked, annoyed. We had work to do. But my heart was soaring inside.

"Are you free next Sunday?"

"Yes." I said without thinking, and then curse myself. What if he wanted me to come and work on this on a Sunday too? Were five days a week not enough.

He just nodded and got back to work. Then he glanced up again. "What about... Andrew?" He gritted out.

"I am going to meet him today."

His calm and composure were suddenly gone, he looked downright dangerous. "Why?" That soft, sexy, dangerous voice again.

"It's a date." I whispered. "Shouldn't be a problem with you."

He didn't say anything, but darkness loomed over him, and he was fucking pissed. I wanted to smile, I wanted to cry, I wanted to show him the middle finger.

I shut up.

The next couple of hours were not a breeze. He kept on glowering but did his work dutifully. Surprisingly, despite our difference and his annoyance, we managed to come up with something pretty good.

"What now? I hope they don't expect us to give a presentation or anything?" I said.

"I don't think so."

"So we should just give it to them?" I tried pinning him with my eyes. It didn't work because he was already doing it to me.

"How the fuck would I know?"

I sighed. His mood swings were like a pregnant lady's.

"I will just hand it over to them. Could you please keep the rest of the things?"

"Why? In a hurry?" He was mocking me.

I turned, raising an eyebrow. "Yes. He's waiting."

______________________________________________
In the media box, you'll find, "This Feeling by The Chainsmokers ft. Kelsea Ballerini".

I don't know accurately this goes with this chapter but I do lile the song :P

K R Y S T L E