42. HOTTIE

KAEA

As we both made our way back to our spot (when the fuck had the Library become 'our spot'?), I realized something. "You never told me when the...erm... fair was?"

God, this was so awkward.

"It was on the ticket. I thought you saw it?" I waited for him to actually answer with a raised eyebrow. "Thursday."

Thursday...hmm.... Thursday. Thursday?!

"That is tomorrow!"

"So?"

So, well, I was not mentally prepared to be going anywhere with him. I need a year in advance to ready myself for it. Or at least a few days. "I can't come."

He turned, body tense and angry. Goddess, this guy was moody today. What the hell had happened?

"This is-"

"Look, Kyle. I am sure you have good intentions and all, but I can't. I just can't go anywhere with you without my mind getting messed up a thousand ways." I wasn't ready. I just wasn't ready.

"You never will be." He took my hands into his, holding them gently. "Please, Kaea. I- I can't say things but I can do them."

If he never says them, then how do I know they are real?

Cause he is doing it, you dumbass.

I sighed softly.

"And it's not a date. You don't have to worry about Andrew."

What? Oh right. He didn't know I broke up with him. I wasn't about to tell him otherwise because he didn't deserve to know.

But he was making up for things.

God I was so confused. One second I was a thirteen-year-old girl with the biggest crush known to mankind, and the other second I was a guarded, not-going-to-give-in woman.

I was going to become Bipolar at this rate.

Being near him, spending time with him was more than I thought it would be. Which made me curious about more. Because I had seen less, and I didn't like it.

And I am guessing, neither did he.

"Can I pick you up tomorrow?" He whispered softly, brushing my knuckles with his fingers. They were doing all kinds of things to me, sparking.

I gulped, but my mouth was dry. I wouldn't ever be ready, but I wanted to see if I could have one happy day with the person I hated the most. The person I was still angry at for what he did, but wanted to forgive. I just needed a reason.

Because-

Because on one hand, I wanted to forgive him for my own sanity. Revenge drives people crazy. On the other hand, I wanted to forgive him because I melted whenever I was around him. I saw something in him that I had never seen before. Something worth forgiving.

I just wanted to be sure that it was really there.

"Yes."

***

"What do I wear? What do I wear?" I muttered, pacing in front of my closet. It was ten thirty in the morning and Kyle would be here in about an hour. Lee sat on my bed, legs crossed over and chewing her lips.

"Can't believe you are going on a date with Kyle Kovich."

"It's not a date." I snapped.

"Sure keep telling yourself that."

I huffed, pacing again.

My phone buzzed and I thought it was form Kyle, probably annoying me like I had annoyed him last night. As soon as I had come home, I realized that Thursday was not an off-day. What would our fathers say?