44. WINNIE AND SPIDEY

"Oh dear god." I said as soon as my feet found ground. I could feel the bile rising. "Oh my god."

This was less carnival day, and more puke day. I was dizzy, and wanted to sit.

"Oh god."

Kyle took my hand and sat me on a bench. "You okay?"

He looked fine. Not fine, I could see his face had become whiter and his eyes were tighter, but he was smiling. And seeing that, I smiled too. "Had fun, did you?"

"You didn't?" He brushed his thumb across my knuckles. "I heard you laugh."

I did laugh, the first five minutes, and then I started to get dizzy. And, still, it was hard to deny the fun I had.

"I had fun." I said softly.

"I hope you won't puke on me." He smirked.

"Haha. Very funny." I jibed, but still laughed. As the dizziness faded, giddiness took it's place. It was... almost trippy to be on that ride. My body and mind were doing weird things, and I had been holding Kyle's hand so tightly...

I check his left hand. It was red and blue. Bruises had started forming. Fuck. I took it in my own hands. "Did I do this?"

He shook his hand off, the sensation of us touching still coursing through me. Maybe holding his hand for so long is what was making me giddy. Just having him there made the experience so much more.

"It's nothing."

I frowned. "You have bruises forming."

"We heal faster."

That was true. But I still hurt him. He wouldn't listen to me, I knew that. "I am winning you a teddy bear or something."

Her raised his eyebrows. "Thank you, sir." He said, his voice high-pitched like a girl's. I widened my eyes, a grin forming on my face.

"Oh my god." I laughed loudly. Kyle has a goofy sense of humor? "Please, do that again."

"Oh shut up!" He picked up my bag. "Don't say anything that will make me regret it."

Clearing away the tears in my eyes, I tried to nod somberly, but ended up laughing like a hyena again. Very attractive, I know. But just the way he said it- the big, bad Alpha of our pack can make excellent little girl voices.

So perfect.

KYLE

She was still laughing, as we walked around, trying to find something light to eat. And I couldn't help but crack a smile, too.

She was laughing because of me, and every sound was healing something inside of me. Even with the puking and what not, this was turning out to be one of the happiest days of my life.

"There!" She pointed to an ice-popsicle stall. "Light and tasty." She wiggled her eyebrows. "I am buying."

She started hurrying to the stall, but I caught up with her. "Uh no. I am buying."

"Oh don't try to be a gentleman, now-"

"This whole thing is my treat. So, I am paying. No arguments."

She pouted her lips, but then shut up. Fuck, I could kiss her now.

"You promised a teddy bear, anyways." I said, amused. I didn't what I was going to do with it, if she did win it. People could call me all levels of girly, but I would sleep next to it, if she did.

Yeah, I was turning into a total woman. I rolled my eyes at myself.

"What was that for?" She demanded. Kaea was fiery, and today she was glowing like the sun.