24. KISS YOUR TEARS

The roar of the engine sounded extremely familiar, so I pulled the curtains apart to see outside. Somebody was in my car, and I knew exactly who that somebody was.

That fucker.

I raced downstairs, my feet hurting badly. Was it not enough that I had to walk about five miles home that now I have to deal with his angsty ass too? My feet were blistered, and I couldn't even shift in my wolf form because I was scared of what she was going to do this time. This man is wrecking my damn life.

"Where are you going?" My mother asked from the kitchen. She would let him in, and that is the last thing I want.

"Oh, hm? Nowhere. Just... chilling."

She looked at me like I was talking in Sanskrit, so I pushed her inside. "You prepare your famous lasagna, Mom, I am so excited to eat it. Lee would love it too."

"Alright, alright." She smiled at me.

"Yeah, focus." I told her and opened the door slightly.

Kyke stood there, hands upwards, about to knock. He stepped back as I stood in front of him, and closed the door lightly again.

I didn't say anything, just stared at him. I wasn't lying. I had given him too much of my time and energy. He had taken too much out of me. From now on, he meant nothing to me.

And yet, my heart ached.

And I couldn't take it any longer.

"Your...keys." He said, dangling the keys in front of me. When I didn't move, he placed it on his palm. "I promise this is not a trick."

Yeah, cause his promises mean the world to me.

"Keep them on the stand. I don't even want to touch you."

He flinched and stiffly, did as much. "Kaea..."

I snatched the keys from the stand, and went back inside, not wanting to hear a word that he had to say.

I should've known he wouldn't rest easy though.

Five minutes later, he was inside my house. Seven minutes later, he was outside my room. I had run like the Flash when I heard the bell ring as soon as I came back to my room. But for some reason, my mother was faster and more graceful, and had opened the door and invited Kyle in.

Seconds later, she was calling me down. And then telling me to take Kyle to my room.

What mother does this? I mean, yeah, she doesn't even know a grain of what is between me and Kyle. For her- we are childhood friends. Plus he is the son of the Alpha and I am the daughter of the Beta. DO you even need anything more to trust a boy. Even if this is the first time in years he came here.

But also she would beat his ass and crush him to pieces if he tried anything.

I smiled back sarcastically at Kyle, cursing my luck and debating seriously what kind of crap did I do in my previous life to deem this to be my punishment.

I put my hand on the doorknob, breathing heavily, trying to control my anger. I tried to remind myself of my date with Andrew later tonight. We would go to the highest point in the town, and my mom was packing me some lasagna. It would be perfect.

Only this fucker needed to go away.

He tilted his head, coming close to my ears, but not touching me. "Are you okay?"

My anger skyrocketed in a fraction of second. I didn't want to indulge him, but what other choice did I truly have?

I turned the knob and let him in. He stood there for a minute, taking the room in. I wanted to protect my lovelies from his devil-eyes, but all I could really do was go back to choosing a cute outfit for my date. He came inside, and surprisingly didn't try to act like he owned this room as well.