Chapter 13 : I'm Prepared

Sometimes people don't understand the promises they're making when they make them.

Nora's POV -

I think I kinda overreacted, like yeah the whole itching powder thing was so cheap of him but he is the one who took me to the hospital, keeping all his hatred and ego aside, he saved my life.

I still owe him a thanks.

Anyways, it's almost 6 in the evening and I just hope Josie is not home. I don't have the courage to lie to her and definitely not the courage to tell her that I stopped taking my medicines because I was broke and then face her Annabelle mode.

I step inside the apartment not before sneaking if the track is clear, luckily it is. Now I'm directly going to my room and crash out, such a great way to avoid her.

I turn to close the door and as I turn back to quickly rush to my room, my gaze catches a flying pillow coming in my direction with not so very good intentions. It hits directly on my face without giving me a chance to flinch.

Confession No. 22 - I have got really bad reflexes.

" Ow so you know, how? " I question while rubbing my forehead and holding the pillow which was about to break my head.

How stupid of me to think she wouldn't know. I'm sure she was a spy in her previous life.

" I called you this afternoon, and some guy picked it up and told me everything, he said it was just a rise in BP but I'm not a fool. " Josie explains more like scolds.

Of course you're not.

" Why did you stop taking your medicines? " she questions which I must answer honestly because she's giving me her Annabelle glares.

" Because I did not have the money. " I mutter as I lean my back on the couch and squeeze Mr. Henry with my arms, pretending it's not much of a deal.

" Seriously! But you told me you have enough money for medicines. " she raises her eyebrow and snatches Mr. Henry, leaving me with a whiny face.

" Yup, I had money but then I saw those amazing pair of shoes in a store and... " I lie and she cuts me off " Shut up! You gave it to the church when you volunteered there last time. " and apparently get caught.

" So what, those kids need money! " I concede.

It's the least I could do for those orphan kids. I know that the amount I donated was negligible to their needs. Maybe it's my guilt or something but I really wanted to do something for them.

" And what about you huh? Don't you need money? I can't believe I'm a doctor and my bestfriend-- " I cut her off " You're not licensed yet! "

" Oh shut up I'm a third year resident, I'll get licensed in few months but that's not the matter, the matter is why didn't you tell me? " her voice sounds a perfect combination of anger and concern.

" What could you possibly do huh? Lend me money? I can't take that! " I snap accepting the fact that I can't keep silent and pretend to be fine anymore.

" But why? " she asks.

" Because I don't know if I would be alive tomorrow to pay you back. " I admit trying my best to not shed the tear which is about to break free.

" And that's what you think of me, I care about money over you! " she whines.

" No! I know that your heart is much bigger than my misery and it's not because of you. It's for me, I don't wanna die under debts. " I gasp while the tear sheds.