Chapter 29 : Instant Glue

It's hard to find a vibe and energy that calms and excites your heart at the same time. When you find it. Embrace it.

Nora's POV -

Josie and Liam are inside the hospital. I thought it's better to give them some privacy. Hans and I, are walking over the green grass in the garden area. With our shoes on. It's nothing like a movie.

It's a November night, yet it's pretty cold out here. I rub my palms against each other and put them on my cheeks that have turned red due to the chill breeze.

" You were enjoying it. Weren't you? " Hans says breaking the ice.

Obviously, very much.

" What are you talking about? " but playing it innocent is my favorite. He looks at me giving a I'm smarter than you look. " You knew I misunderstood about Liam. But you didn't clarify either. "

" I don't owe you any clarification, Mr. Boss. " I smirk while still not breaking the walk. This night, the vibe, it reminds me of that night. " You remember the time, when you lost your apartment keys and--"

" And you couldn't invite me in your girls dorm, so we strolled around the city the whole night. I remember it all too well. " he smiles remembering the good old days.

" Things used to be simple back then. " a smile automatically acquires my face as I reminisce the time when we were just friends, yet things were much better than now. He puts his hands in his pocket while giving out a sigh.

We both know that our past is cursed. But for once, I don't want to start again, blame him. And it's like an unspoken pact between us, that we're not going to ruin the peace of the night by digging what's buried for good.

" Hey listen. " he says.

" I am. "

" Would you fancy a hot chocolate? " he asks while strolling, however, I stop immediately. Not even a dead person could say 'no' when this gentleman is asking with such an adorable smile.

" No. In your dreams. "

I want hot chocolate.

" Fine. The night is cold and I was just being a gentleman." he casually shrugs his shoulders and carry on walking. But I know he's offended.

Um, should I say yes? I think no. I mean I don't know.

" Ahh fine. Let's go. " I blurt knowing he will throw thousands of tantrums but surprise to me, he brings his hand out of his pockets and grabs mine. " Great, now come with me, Miss assistant."

Oh heavens, his hand is so warm.

***

Hans' POV -

After, maybe a lifetime, we're walking together, peacefully. She's not cursing me. I'm not working on a plan to torment her. And I'm happy. She looks happy as well. I feel light. If only I could feel this way forever.

No more fights. No more blaming.

" How's it? " I ask as I see, she started to drink her hot chocolate while I was busy paying for it.

" It's nice. How much was it? "

" Don't worry, it's on me. " I tell. Still quite shocked at my soft voice tone. " Good. Because I payed for that bitter black coffee you ordered that day, at the aquarium. " she whines.

Oh yeah, I was very furious that day.

The winter breeze strikes our bodies, making mine give out a shiver, while her remains as calm as stagnant water. Has she always been this beautiful, or it is just me.